Home

Couple questions about the game

This is a discussion on Couple questions about the game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #1
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Couple questions about the game

I might be picking this game up soon i am also new to the series and if you guys could answer a few of my questions that would be great.
1. can you play any high school games? (ie High School all-star games like you can in College basketball games)
2. Is this the type of game that i will be playing even after College Football season?
3. Is there a option to randomly generate names instead of the name and position?
4. Is there a career dynasty like the one in ESPN College Hoops where you take a small school from a certain list and develop them into a powerhouse?

I might have more questions but Thanks anyways
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2003, 05:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Couple questions about the game

#1 There is no High School All Star games

#2 I dont know if you will play after college football season. It is Def a great game and probably best football game of the yr, for the 2nd stright yr . I know I will be playing after college football season.

#3 No option to genarate names =/ You can sim 4 seasons so all teams will have players with names and then take over a weak team or whatever you plan on doing.

#4 Havent played ESPN COllege ball so I can comment on what they do. But they have a Dynasty mode where you recruit and everything. Probably the funnest offseason in any sports game.

If you want more details or have questions just ask. Alot of us will be happy to help.

IMO if you love football, NCAA is must purchise.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Great Game.

1. No you can't play high school games
2. Depends how much you like it. For me yes I will play it until next years comes out.
3. No. You can name players but not randomly generated.
4. You can choose any team to do a dynasty with. It is not like ESPN CH where you can only choose certain teams. But you can restrict yourself. You will get conference offers to move you team to a different conference, and also coaching offers.

I enjoy this game a lot. The dynasty mode isn't quite as deep as ESPN CH, but very close. If you enjoy college football, you will enjoy this game. It is better than Madden and ESPN NFL.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:15 PM   #4
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

Thanks guys i do have some more questions
1. How is the recruiting?
2. Do players grow over time and gain weight?
3. How is the game compared to Madden? I have Madden and like it but i want to know if this game is worth it even if the draft class doesnt work.

Im sure i will have more questions soon sorry if they are picky
Old 11-27-2003, 11:59 PM   #5
MVP

Jayhawk's Arena

OVR: 13

1.Pretty good, but becomes easy and repetitive after a while
2.Nope
3.I much prefer NCAA to Madden, the gameplay and atmosphere are better and I love playing College Classics and with college teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2003, 07:29 AM   #6
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

Quote:

Jayhawk said:
2.Nope
3.I much prefer NCAA to Madden, the gameplay and atmosphere are better and I love playing College Classics and with college teams

Thanks for answering im going to pick this game up at the end of the month since i love football so much and i have heard good things about it.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:42 PM   #7
MVP

Jayhawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

2k3spear said:
Quote:

Jayhawk said:
2.Nope

Thanks for answering im going to pick this game up at the end of the month since i love football so much and i have heard good things about it.

Sure thing, you'll love the game
Old 11-30-2003, 12:16 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Jayhawk..if im not mistaken..players do gain weight just dont grow..#2 should be a yes to his question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »