Home

New Engine for Next Gen?

This is a discussion on New Engine for Next Gen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #9
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: New Engine for Next Gen?

I've heard that this game is suppose to be compatible with the PS4 when it comes out. I have also heard that there is suppose to be more space on the next gen consoles for the disk. So I would assume that it would make it easier to get things in next gen
Old 04-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #10
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Frostbite 3...
Old 04-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
EA is not scrapping their current gen engine. If NCAA 14 and Madden 25 are released this year on next gen they will be ports of the games on the ps3/360 with slightly better graphics. NCAA 15 is where the next gen games will really shine.

I think they already talked about learning from their past, trying to build new engines every generation always results in the game being crappy for 2-3 years before it becomes ok. I think they will continue to improve on the IE with PS4/720 because of the major hardward upgrades.
Hmmm. If this turns out to be true then it would seriously concern me. I'm not sure they can ever make that great 10/10 game (or at least a game that I can enjoy), even on next gen consoles, without creating an entirely new engine. This constant bad-aid process we have had for the past few years leads me to believe that it may not actually be Tiburon not trying to fix the issues but rather they are unable due to a compromise in the integrity of their game's coding. I know it would be extraordinarily time consuming and expensive to create a new engine. It wouldn't be practical to do that and release a new iteration of an annual sports franchise but if not during a new generation console, then when? I am hoping that this is not the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
EA is not scrapping their current gen engine. If NCAA 14 and Madden 25 are released this year on next gen they will be ports of the games on the ps3/360 with slightly better graphics. NCAA 15 is where the next gen games will really shine.

I think they already talked about learning from their past, trying to build new engines every generation always results in the game being crappy for 2-3 years before it becomes ok. I think they will continue to improve on the IE with PS4/720 because of the major hardward upgrades.
If that's true, then I'm officially done (or at least even more done than someone who hasn't bought the game in 3 years can be). The hope that they'll be working with a new engine on next-gen is the only sliver of hope I have left for this franchise. It's become quite clear that there are legacy issues that simply can not be resolved, otherwise they would have been addressed by now.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #13
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Tiburon has stated before that they are not starting over next gen. They did this gen and thats which you see what we have now.

If anything I would wait a year or two on next gen if you're not satisfied with what this year offers. 90% chance this years games are ports.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Tiburon has stated before that they are not starting over next gen. They did this gen and thats which you see what we have now.

If anything I would wait a year or two on next gen if you're not satisfied with what this year offers. 90% chance this years games are ports.
Well that pretty much extinguishes what little hope I was holding onto. Silver lining of this though, $65 (per game) x 8 years = $520. With the money I'm saving, EA has practically bought my PS4 for me!

Maybe the engine really is fine and it's some other issue like lack of animations, etc. We'll see, but I'm not hopeful in the least that EA will be winning me back any time soon.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

They won't be straight ports. EA football "czar" Cam Weber discussed this a while back. He said they are going to take the parts of this gen that work, and bring them over to next-gen. And the parts that don't work will be rebuilt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
They won't be straight ports. EA football "czar" Cam Weber discussed this a while back. He said they are going to take the parts of this gen that work, and bring them over to next-gen. And the parts that don't work will be rebuilt.
So basically the game's going to be rebuilt. Sorry, that was just too tempting. We'll see what they've got (probably in NCAA 15). I sincerely hope they prove my concerns unwarranted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »