Home

Dynasty Expectations

This is a discussion on Dynasty Expectations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #41
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Dynasty Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
I think the biggest thing for me would be editable bowl ties. After all, these get altered anyway in real life. Why change conferences around if you can't also at some point alter the bowl ties. If I make the Mountain West a power conference, why should I be stuck with my champ going to the Las Vegas bowl?

You could do that in 13. If you had the Mountain West and say, the Sun Belt as power conferences, you could set it up so that those champions met in the Orange Bowl, or Rose Bowl. 2nd and third place finishers would still be assigned to the original secondary bowl affiliates though. As long as your champ wasn't slated to play in the BCS title game, they would go to the assigned New Year's Day bowl. It does need to be opened up so that we can edit all bowl tie ins.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 04-30-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: made a change
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

BenGerman nailed it. More focus needs to put on coaching tree and resources for the program. Hire, fire and evaluate coaches... This impacts player progression, transfers and recruiting. Your coaching staff should be the single most important part of the program. It needs more attention. Make coaches have specific recruiting beds. Fresh and new dynamics.

Hopes:

Weight of players. Rarely do guys put on any significant amount of weight which is obnoxious. It keeps me from recruiting players who aren't big enough now to play. I understand it is a game but I cannot start a guard who weighs 260. Can't do it.

Increase rosters.

Increase ability to customize uniforms etc.

AWARDS!! The awards are a complete joke. You can sim the week of the ceremony 3 times and get 3 different winners. My QB can set the all time yards and touchdown records on an undefeated, wire to wire #1 team and not win heisman or 1st team AA. Awards are important. Fix it.

All that complaining and I'm pumped for 14. Bring it on.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #43
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhohn160
BenGerman nailed it. More focus needs to put on coaching tree and resources for the program. Hire, fire and evaluate coaches... This impacts player progression, transfers and recruiting. Your coaching staff should be the single most important part of the program. It needs more attention. Make coaches have specific recruiting beds. Fresh and new dynamics.

Hopes:

Weight of players. Rarely do guys put on any significant amount of weight which is obnoxious. It keeps me from recruiting players who aren't big enough now to play. I understand it is a game but I cannot start a guard who weighs 260. Can't do it.

Increase rosters.

Increase ability to customize uniforms etc.

AWARDS!! The awards are a complete joke. You can sim the week of the ceremony 3 times and get 3 different winners. My QB can set the all time yards and touchdown records on an undefeated, wire to wire #1 team and not win heisman or 1st team AA. Awards are important. Fix it.

All that complaining and I'm pumped for 14. Bring it on.
You nailed it on the awards part. Sometimes the "right guy" would win the heisman but I would have some seasons where I would just have to pause for a second and say "Really?? that's the guy that won the heisman?" Even though some of the candidates below him had much better stats and better team record. It just seems completely random sometimes.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #44
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
You nailed it on the awards part. Sometimes the "right guy" would win the heisman but I would have some seasons where I would just have to pause for a second and say "Really?? that's the guy that won the heisman?" Even though some of the candidates below him had much better stats and better team record. It just seems completely random sometimes.
Never had a problem with the Heisman but as far as others yeah I came across them from time to time.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #45
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Man if they add College Gameday id go crazy
As much would love to see this I doubt we do.

My reason for the doubts is simple. Fans have asked for this for at least 5 years and I really can't recall EA Sports ever stating that they wouldn't be adding it to the game. EA Sports seems to avoid commenting on this for some reason.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #46
Rookie

Xx_JP_VHS_xX's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
This. Basically, take out Hard Commits. Those aren't really things that exist in real life.
I'd also like to see top recruits have more than 1 offer. So stupid.

PS3: Xx_JP_GSW_xX
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #47
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

Make injuries relevant: Injured players should have reduced efficiency and those with major injuries should have reduced progression during the off-season.

Allow adjustments to conference schedules: Too many times I've seen long-time rivalry games like Indiana-Purdue scheduled as a mid-season game.

Get rid of the artificial one-hour time limit for recruiting contacts. Allow gamers (as well as the CPU) to put on a recruiting blitz for a player -- brings more suspense and risk-reward into the process. Also, give extra recruiting time during bye weeks (in the real world that's when coaches have time to go on the road to make personal contact with recruits).

Last edited by Colorado Cooler; 05-01-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #48
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I think its critical for the Dev team to bring back the spring part of offseason. Offseason goes by too fast. We need a better way to progress our players. Or at least a reasonable way. I miss the drills and the Spring game. This is looking to be the best game since NCAAF 06, and that so happened to have spring ball included in the offseason.

Last year I feel we got slapped in the face with the dynasty. No addition to coaching carousel or anything else. I think they owe us a big deal with Dynasty this year. I want a fresh feeling every year season.

Other small things should include:
Heisman Presentation
Better Bowl and Championship or big wins celebrations. 500 new vignettes and I can bet you we'll get the same post game celebrations.
Realistic goals in the coaching contracts
Hire/Fire Coordinators.
Stop with the ridiculous hiring and firing by the CPU
Signing day special or something showing off recruiting classes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »