Home

Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series

This is a discussion on Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #65
Rookie

CyHawk's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
This isn't about the NCAA series, but the fact that the top half of the E in your avatar still has white in the negative space really irritates me. It should be transparent.
hahahaha thank you. It drives me insane too, but its the default ISU logo for this site.
NBA: Chris Paul

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here's a couple..

Dialogue basically the same as it was on Xbox in 2003-2006
Coaches reactions on sidelines exactly the same as above
Players celebrations & pleading with refs, yep the same.
Fan cut scenes & signs & cheerleaders are all identical.

I mean some of these assets are 100% unchanged, no matter how quirky they may look, honest to god 6-7 years of the same stuff, wtf do they work on each year?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #67
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

Someone mentioned this in the post about changing the music (sorry forgot your name, all credit to him) is that the loading screens should show something about the rivalry or about a certain team during the loading screen. I loved that in NCAA 10, because it taught me traditions of teams that I didn't know and expanded on the rivalries and how they came about, how teams got their nicknames and other stuff. I didn't care for the "Coach Tips" because I knew them all already. I think it was mentioned that the loading screens are changing this year, but I forget to what.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #68
Rookie

Records. If I were to play a full 20 minute game on Varsity I could break every single game record in the game. The problem is there is a cap to how much you can do in a game. I believe it is 1033-1088 yards in one game, every yard past that is negative. In last years RTG I threw for 1200 yards in a game (4 minute quarters) yet ended the game with something like 800. I have NEVER had a game that great, but to get penalized for it sucked hardcore. I would also like to see more records. School wins by a freshman QB, Sacks by a freshman, that kind of thing. The amazing stats you hear when actually watching a game that includes a young superstar are what I would like to learn about my young superstars that are on my team.

Catch up speed. A DE cannot catch up to a speed RB in the open field from 5-10 yards behind and tackle him... it just does not happen, ever.

Throw angle. Yes I know you can tap, press, or jam the button for different throw speeds, but seriously.. you catch a safety playing outside shoulder instead of insite... you angle the ball inside and shred the defense... 15 yards away from the play is a MLB who jumps 15 feet into the air to pick the ball or swat it down. Because this happens ever.

Throwing to the pylon results in leading the WR out of bounds 90% of the time. Not leading the WR results in a pick or deflected pass. There has to be some middle ground there.

Blocking on the second and third level is nonexistant. Nothing kills me more to get past the line on a draw, get past the LBs only to have a 1 on 1 situation with a safety and lose every time. Cant out run them with a speed back, cant run them over with a power back, cant juke them... Long runs are more luck than skill or gameplan at this point.

Out patterns - do not work. The same pattern going towards the middle of the field is an easy pass, going to the outside is a pick or a deflection. Mostly because the ball is in the air longer, but look at how many passes go outside in the NCAA and how effective they are. I have nearly given up on them because I can never gain yards with them.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #69
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
In last years RTG I threw for 1200 yards in a game (4 minute quarters)
Old 05-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #70
Rookie

THE TEMPLATE FOR ADIDAS TECH FIT UNIFORMS IS TERRIBLE.

In real life, techfits bring a non-mesh, rich color style, while in NCAA, they look the same as a generic middle school practice jersey from 2005......

Also- the sleeves have GOT to be changed. When you do sleeve tight (becoming only option for most uniforms in real life, losing sleeves, which looks a lot better), it ruins the sleeves and numbers.
In real life (Jordan Rodgers)
and in game (Matt Barkely)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ncaa-football-13sleeves.jpg (19.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg 20130410__1-jordan rodgers_400.jpg (44.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg utvols.jpg (40.8 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg NCAAFB13_TENNESSEE--415x215.jpg (45.7 KB, 87 views)
Old 05-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #71
Rookie

THE SLEEVES -______-
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ncaa 13 louis.jpeg (82.5 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg NCAA 14 LOIUS.jpg (47.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 20121021_inq_bigeast21-alouis2.JPG (106.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg louisville_158890938_620x350.jpg (41.0 KB, 130 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #72
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Nice looking facemask Teddy.

Lack of private online matches(unranked). If I want to play a friend online using my roster/sliders, I can't. This is the primary reason I don't play online. The default settings pretty much suck, as do default rosters. I have friends I would like to play using my own roster. Online Dynasty is great, but it would be nice if I could just play a friend randomly unranked with custom settings while using different teams. Just set it up like COD where you have to invite a friend to play in a private match.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 05-16-2013 at 06:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »