Home

Road to Glory: How Can it be Improved?

This is a discussion on Road to Glory: How Can it be Improved? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

WVUWILD12's Arena

OVR: 6
Road to Glory: How Can it be Improved?

I don't know about you guys but this mode has kind of become stale to me. I think it was at its best all the way back in NCAA Football '06 when I believe it was known as Race For The Heisman. I think they should do away with the high school season and just have the Playoffs, and then have you attend a camp like you did in the '06 version where you do drills that help to determine your players ratings. Once in college, I think they should try to do something similar to MyPlayer in NBA 2k or The Show on MLB, just something more organic. Just my two cents.

How do you guys think this mode can be improved?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Road to Glory: How Can it be Improved?

I'd love to see the drills make a comeback. After the high school games and I've won the starting position/maxed my guy's attributes out, it feels more like the Play a Season mode EA is hyping up for this year. I hit a 90 overall with a running back at Stanford my freshman year, I had no incentive to practice. I just played the games, and at this point, the only thing that separated Road to Glory and any other mode was a zoomed in camera. I'd love the drills, especially if RTG had a spring camp mode. You start out doing the drills and work your way up to the spring game. Just a change of pace between seasons and to give us something to do besides just play the season. If you perform well in the spring, you get an XP boost (which is already too easy to get) to spend on the upcoming season. Maybe even news updates/tweets like in Madden's CCM and 2k's MyPlayer to kind of keep this mode all about you
Old 04-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Copy NBA 2K13's My Player mode.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
I'd love the drills, especially if RTG had a spring camp mode. You start out doing the drills and work your way up to the spring game. Just a change of pace between seasons and to give us something to do besides just play the season. If you perform well in the spring, you get an XP boost (which is already too easy to get) to spend on the upcoming season.
They need an actual organized practice.

Go around and watch some teams practice, and then add those elements to the off-season practices and weekly practices leading up to the game (with the option to simulate, of course). This should increase your attributes incrementally (like in MLB The Show's training exercises). Drills should include: speed drills (40yd dash), agility drills (put the new foot planning to use), blocking, strength (bench press?), catching, route running, tackling, short accuracy, medium accuracy, deep accuracy, etc.

Most of your attribute points will be earned through in game performances and accolades/milestones. It should take you, at least, 2-2 1/2 years to reach the upper 80's or low 90's as an OVR, and that's if you ball out for 2 years. The ratings should be dynamic, as well; with hot and cold steaks.

The only way a freshman should even reach an 86+ as an OVR, is if they have a Johnny Manziel type freshman year.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 04-23-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd like to see anything new. But we're not getting anything new because it doesn't even say anything new on the video of the screen.

1. Anyways, put the twitter thing in there.

2. Helmet view, since some coaches put cameras on the QBs now a days for practice it would be awesome to finally play through the QBs eyes, RBs, WRs, Defensive player.

3. Maybe be recruited for once instead of picking your own school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Lets keep the high school season but make it more interesting. keep up with our stats and actually have a ranking of high school athletes in the top 150 so we can see where we stand in the country. Make signing day a special event because it should be. In college we need drills back similar to what we had in the ps2 days. Practice is so dull we need a wide variety of drills that focus on what we need to improve with our player. A new grading system would also go a long way as well. Our college careers are relatively short so I would like to see a pro day added to end our career at our school.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash

The only way a freshman should even reach an 86+ as an OVR, is if they have a Johnny Manziel type freshman year.
I hate to tell ya but in the NCAA game, Johnny's stats wouldn't even put him in the list of heisman candidates. I agree that you shouldn't be able to tear up teams your freshman/sophomore years, but if you look at the last few years people putup godly passing/rushing stats that IMO are totally unrealistic.
I understand Road to Glory is focusing on yourself as a player, but I'm going to flip out if I see another person put up 8,000+ pass yards, 2,000+ rushing yards and over 100 TD's in a season. Totally unrealistic and not even fun...
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

For me, there's two major things.

1. Player Drills

2. Camera Angles
This is more directed towards the defensive side of the ball. Due to the camera angles, if you're playing as a corner or a safety, you're prone to give up huge plays because the camera spins on you. As it spins on you, if you're holding up on the right analog stick, you're going to be turned around and running the wrong way.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »