Home

Stadium Updates '14

This is a discussion on Stadium Updates '14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #161
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Stadium Updates '14

To be honest with you I think it is incredible they have more than 130 unique stadiums in the game. Sure there will be some discrepancies in some stadiums but unless you are a fan of said teams or they are high profile teams I probably wouldn't notice.

That's not to say I wouldn't like them correct, far from it. But considering Madden, and the show doesn't get some stadiums and uniforms correct and they only have around 30/32 teams and stadiums to do then I'd say the NCAA team are doing ok.

I get why some people will be disappointed if a hill isn't correct or whatever but I don't think it's a decision maker whether to buy or not. At least not to me and I am a big uniform and stadium guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #162
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksarben21
I just do not understand this company, to rub more salt in the wound...madden has the correct helmets and facemasks!
You must not have run into any 49er fans on here yet.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #163
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I understand that they can't get everything right. Some of it has to do with licensing and if the school allows it. But if a stadium is under construction, they won't let anyone within feet of the stadium. And I have heard that even though there are blueprints of what the stadiums will look like once they are completed, they are not entirely accurate.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #164
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
The tunnel part is just generic. I really don't think they're going to get super personal with the entrances. They even have Central Michigan running out of a tunnel and their stadium isn't even big enough for a tunnel
That may be true, but they spent the past three years selling tradition and famous entrances only to seemingly drop it this year. They had a blog in '11 or '12 that just showed how they modeled the entrances for Clemson and Miami. Seems strange.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon7 Re: Stadium Updates '14

Quote:
Does anyone know if nebraska's east stadium expansion made it in? It does drive me crazy that LED ribbon boards arent in the game when madden has them.

Although you can't see the expansion from the photo on the TeamBuilder site, the capacity is listed at 91,000 which would be correct as it was between 80 - 85,000 without it. Seems like it is probably in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #166
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I didn't realize that they renovated the pressbox at the Rose Bowl. But it doesn't look like they put it into NCAA 14 when looking at Teambuilder.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #167
Rookie

UNMLobo's Arena

OVR: 5

CBS Sports posted some pictures of the new Wyoming Field.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...w-field-design
Old 06-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #168
Rookie

dcgc5's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
They need to take their Lazer scanner and trek around america to each and every D-1 stadium, all bowls sites, and nuetral site venues. There is far too many discrepancies in most of the stadiums. EA has the technology yet siezes to utilize it. What I dont comprehend at all is how in year two of madden 25 the SF Niners will be playing their home games in the unfinished Santa Clara Stadium yet NCAA cant add our schools stadium expansions until they are complete!?!? I just do not understand this company, to rub more salt in the wound...madden has the correct helmets and facemasks but ncaa has 90's era equipment. By the time NCAA updates it the "update" will be outdated!
Thats what happens when a company has 0 competition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »