Home

Just re-purchased NCAA!

This is a discussion on Just re-purchased NCAA! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2003, 11:58 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Just re-purchased NCAA!

Hahahahaha. That's funny, I am missing this game as well. I traded it in for ESPN football, as I enjoy pro football more than I do college. But for some reason, NCAA is calling me back. I only own 2 games now (ESPN CH & ESPN football) and I am seriously considering trading them in for NCAA football. I have never done that before (trading in games to get a game that I previously owned). So more than likely I'll just be owning ONE game for my xbox....but that's ok, cuz between my wife, my job, and my newborn son, I only have time to play one game anyways....and what better game than the game u enjoy most. NCAA football is truely a great game.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #10
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Im also thinkg of doping the same, I truley miss this game. I had it for a bit then got rid of it and I regret it. I own ESPN-CB and I feel that the college games are truley the best. So Ncaa football hello again.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can see I'm not the only one who did this. I did the same thing last year with NCAA 2003 (xbox). Traded it in, then wound up buying it again. I learned. This year I didn't have to buy it twice. I agree with the other posters, the ESPN pro games are great, but there is just something about NCAA 2004, and ESPN CH that I always go back to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Reunited and it feels sooo good, Reunited and it's understood I love this game!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 06:37 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

Jim2 said:
Why did you even sell it in the first place? It's such a great game.

I know man. The crazy sh#t I do.

To be honest, in general, I've been more of a Pro Football fan even if I do like both levels a lot. I decided that I wasn't going to be playing both the college and pro Football video games and that like always, I would lean towards one. I went with Sega's game for the first time this year because I needed something fresh and I absolutly loved ESPN Football once I messed with it's sliders a little bit. Unfortunatly, there are some major issues with the A.I. in that it makes no adjustments to how you are killing them which made the gameplay a little stale after a while.

I've also figured out that College Football is a little more fun because of the variance of opponents that you'll play against. In the first 2 and 1/2 seasons I played, I won tight games, lost tight games to Ohio State in both years, and blew out a bunch of opponents.

In some games it's fun to blow out teams and give your back-ups playing time which is something that isn't fun in Pro Football games since back-ups are usually scrubs instead of being your future superstars.

It's fun to recruit and actually get used to the progression of a player as he goes from your below average linebacker that you end up taking control of during his sophomore season and then by his senior year, he's your stud that you are causing hell with. You just can't get that in the pro games as your teams are mostly similar from one year to the next.

The other nice thing is that I don't have to give myself too many house rules with NCAA. While there are still a couple of gaffs that I can abuse the computer with, for the most part the A.I. is very solid. Of the plays that I like running, nothing had to be thrown out due to being money plays.

The truth of the matter is that I think I could hold onto this Football game for the rest of this gen of consoles and be happy. Now if EA would only put the Xbox version online........
Old 12-08-2003, 08:46 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 7

i did that last year, i traded it in for Madden, but ended up picking it up again after the holidays
Old 12-09-2003, 01:43 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

I thought I was alone. I am a huge ESPN guy but I have found myself jonesing for NCAA 2004. I traded it in when ESPN came out. I think I am going to pick up a used copy tonight...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2003, 11:58 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I now have the Sports Game of the Year in my possession again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »