Home

Hardest Small School Dynasties

This is a discussion on Hardest Small School Dynasties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3
Hardest Small School Dynasties

I previously did a dynasty this year with Army and played through one season but it was too easy as I wasn't playing with hard enough sliders. I now want to take a 1* to 6* program with some harder sliders where I really have to work to recruit and win.

Anyone have suggestions on what teams to use?

My Teams

Chicago Bulls
St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Bradley University Basketball
University of Michigan Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Hardest Small School Dynasties

It's almost unanimous that UMass is the toughest in NCAA13. Though I didn't buy '13 for exactly that reason. I want a chance to WIN with my Minutemen.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

The one thing that I would say it making a dynasty a lot harder(going from a 1-star) is put rules on your recruiting. Examples: only 30 mins per recruit, only recruit players that are a max of 1* above current team prestige, among others. It's ridiculous how easy it is to recruit with 1* teams and get 4* players with relative ease. In terms of bad dynasty from talent wise, is New Mexico State. Their team after the first season is really really bad. You will probably learn to hate throwing to Shapiro because he drops so many balls out of the slot and don't get me started on team defense. It's a D after season 1 and boy is it hard to stop people for the full four quarters. Offensively, you have a solid QB to run pretty much any offense (if you run more Option based though, you should probably get a faster QB, because while his passing ratings are really good, he only has 70 speed.)

New Mexico State (as of season 2 wrap up):
  • Only two players in the 80s (Andrew Manley QB and Caparo P)
  • Young offense that you will have for a while
  • Two defensive positions have no 70+ players (RE and MLB)
  • Many defensive positions only have one guy that is 70+ (same goes for offense except for WR, which you have a decent group of guys)
  • Recruit SS as soon as you can as all three on the roster will graduate at the same time
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
It's almost unanimous that UMass is the toughest in NCAA13. Though I didn't buy '13 for exactly that reason. I want a chance to WIN with my Minutemen.
UMASS is the toughest, by far. They have decent academics but play in a tough but low-rated MAC (no free conference prestige bonus in recruiting), have low-rated campus lifestyle IIRC and their northeast location gives them a huge demerit against recruiting via proximity to home for the big three of California/Florida/Texas.

It's certainly doable, but it's by far the most difficult starting location IMO.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Idaho's a good choice here too I think. You're nowhere near a major pipeline state, you're in the WAC, your in-state rival is a near-powerhouse, and all your pitches suck.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Won the MAC with UMASS on Heisman no sliders. Brutal though, lotta fun, lotta stress, just how I like it. NCAA 13 though Tulane's roster is brutal after year 1 and it's fun playing in the Superdome. I always start low. Old Dominion is gonna be my '14 team. But just recruit how you like to play and you'll win.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
Rookie

I always focus on a good D, and a QB that matches my style. I'm West Coast short routes with the occasional bomb so I need a Balanced QB with atleast 70 speed that can get me 4-5 yards if I need it.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
Rookie

If it ain't there immediately I'm scramblin.

Tulane, FIU or FAU, Idaho can be okay. Tulane has always been the most fun to me in '13. They're bad. Multiple helmets/combos. NFL stadium with the Superdome, 70,000+ so you could stay with them and pack the dome. Plus you could start an annual LSU rivalry that would be fun. UMass was fun to me but UMass/BC < LSU/Tulane.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »