Home

Another playoff that we all can do.

This is a discussion on Another playoff that we all can do. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2003, 01:38 AM   #1
Rookie

Anotherplan's Arena

OVR: 1
Another playoff that we all can do.

For the past couple of seasons I've done this playoff with the final BCS standings and it's pretty fun. 8 min quarters, Varsity, AI Slider Offense Passing at 0. (only slider adjustment) I seed 8 teams taking the 6 BCS conference champions and the 2 highest non conference champions rated in the BCS. I seed them by their BCS rankings and the 2 at large teams go 7 and 8 according to their rankings in the BCS. This season seeds 1 LSU 2 USC 3 Michigan 4 FSU 5 Miami 6 K State 7 Oklahoma 8 Ohio St. Matchups would be 8 vs 1, 5 vs 4, 6 vs 3, 7 vs 2. The quarterfinal or first round venues would be 3 Bowls stadiums of your choice, except for the 5 vs 4 matchup which would play at last season's national championship stadium. (Fiesta for this season) The semifinal matchups would be played at the 2 Bowls not hosting this season's championship. (Orange and Rose) With next season's championship stadium hosting the second semi (Orange) and the other hosting the first semi (Rose). Of course the national championship will be played at the host championship bowl for that season (Sugar) and there you have it. A playoff that determines it all. I'll post results from mine and would like you to post some of yours. Who needs the BCS!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Rookie

gtrip10's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Another playoff that we all can do.

I usually do something like that every year out of curiousity. Most of the time I do eight teams, but since I am currently through with school for the semester, and all of my friends are still taking finals, I decided to go with 16. I used CBS Sportsline's bracket so that every conference champion has a chance at the title. I've already simmed one game, a 28-0 rout of North Texas by Oklahoma. The next game is Miami, FL vs Tennessee, and I should be able to post the results sometime this afternoon.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

gtrip10's Arena

For Game 2 of my 15-game useless NCAA Simulation Tournament, #8 Tennessee faced #9 Miami, FL at the Gator Bowl. The stats say that this one was a big defensive battle (I didn't watch much of it, because I did have more important things to do), and it was a passer's duel as both defenses shut down their opponent's run game. Jarrett Payton scored from one yard out with :29 to play to tie the score at 7 and force OT. Miami scored on their first play on a 25 yard pass from Berlin to Kevin Beard. Tennessee struggled with their possession, but scored on a 4th and 5 via a 20 yard pass from Clausen to Mark Jones. In the 2nd OT, Miami's D.J. Williams forced a Clausen fumble, which set up a thirty yard pass from Berlin once again to Kevin Beard for the win, 20-14. One thing to note is that TN K James Wilhoit missed 3 FG's which could have sent Tennessee to the second round. Miami moves on to the Cotton Bowl to face #1 Oklahoma.

Next Game: #5 Ohio State vs. #12 Georgia at the Alamo Bowl
Old 12-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

gtrip10's Arena

For Game 3 of my 15-game useless NCAA Simulation Tournament, the Ohio State Buckeyes faced the Georgia Bulldogs in the Alamodome for what turned out to be a complete blowout. Early in the game, Chris Gamble picked off a David Greene pass and went 18 yards for the touchdown and an early 7-0 lead. From there, the Buckeyes never let up as Ben Hartsock, Branden Joe, and Maurice Hall all scored as Ohio State defeated Georgia 28-0. Ohio State moves on to the Fiesta Bowl to face the winner of Michigan/Boise State, which is currently being simulated.

Next Game: #13 Boise State vs. #4 Michigan at the Liberty Bowl
Old 12-11-2003, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

gtrip10's Arena

Games 4 and 5 of my playoff have taken place, and two close games they were. In the first game, the Michigan Wolverines faced the Boise State Broncos at the Liberty Bowl. The Wolverines looked to have it in the bag with 1:30 left in the game, and a pass from Navarre to Braylon Edwards for a first down basically sealed the deal, until a holding call made it 3rd and 15. On the next play, Boise's Wes Nurse picked off a John Navarre pass and returned it 75 yards for a TD. A late Michigan rally ended with a trick pass from Chris Perry to Jason Avant for a TD with :22 left to win 14-7.

The second game featured a very underrated Miami of Ohio Redhawks taking on the Longhorns of Texas in the Peach Bowl. This game was a battle, but Texas ended up running away with the game, as Vince Young went 11 of 24 for 204 yards and 2 TD's as Texas defeated Miami, 24-14.

Michigan advances to the Fiesta Bowl to take on Ohio State in what could be a true Big Ten Championship game. Texas advances to the Holiday Bowl to take on the winner of Utah/USC.

Next Game: #14 Utah vs. #3 USC in the Insight Bowl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2003, 07:49 PM   #6
Rookie

gtrip10's Arena

Game 6 of the Tournament featured the Utes of Utah taking on the USC Trojans in the Insight Bowl, a game that had upset written all over it. USC took an early 1st-quarter lead as Matt Leinart connected with Mike Williams on a 67 yard pass to make it 7-0. From there, Utah took over as Utah's Lance Rice with 11 for 24 for 104 yards and a late touchdown which, combined with a Ford Hall 39 yard FG, put Utah up 10-7. USC made a late run, but Ryan Killeen's 32 yard FG sailed wide left, and the Trojans failed to get another opportunity to score. Utah proceeded to run the clock out, as they knocked off #3 USC 10-7. Utah moves on the Holiday Bowl to take on Texas.

Next Game: #10 Kansas State vs. #7 Florida State in the Independence Bowl.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:15 PM   #7
Rookie

gtrip10's Arena

Game 7 of the Tournament featured Kansas State taking on the Seminoles of Florida State. I couldn't get any stats other than the drive summary because I got a DDE when looking at the stats. I do know that Rix and Roberson both had 2 TD's apiece, with Rix connecting with Craphonzo Thorpe twice for touchdown passes of 41 and 74 yards. Florida State went on to win 17-14, and will meet the winner of LSU/Southern Miss in the Capital One Bowl.

Next Game: #15 Southern Miss vs. #3 LSU at the Outback Bowl

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »