Home

Moving Forward

This is a discussion on Moving Forward within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Moving Forward

So now that this abomination of a game is officially in the books... are we going to be subjected to the same fate that we suffered when we made the jump to the "current gen" platform?

My one concern (this is EA we're talking about here - so let's call it a reality) is that we're going to start out with a bare-bones copy on the next-gen consoles to which future copies will make minor improvements and introduce the same crap as a new feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Moving Forward

Not the best outlook ... but I'll bite

I honestly think this might be the last version of NCAA football for the foreseeable future.

I firmly expect Ed O'Bannon and Sam Keller to win their lawsuit vs the NCAA and EA Sports, which will effectively bring an end to college video games.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
Not the best outlook ... but I'll bite

I honestly think this might be the last version of NCAA football for the foreseeable future.

I firmly expect Ed O'Bannon and Sam Keller to win their lawsuit vs the NCAA and EA Sports, which will effectively bring an end to college video games.
I doubt that, and even if it were true There is a way to get around this. Simply take the "style" of a current NCAA team, program in the "style" and strengths of the program then hit randomize. Instead of Tim Tebow minus the name you get a 5 foot 8 Brown skinned kid with the same stats.

To the OP, this years game hasn't even been released yet. They are issuing info a little bit at a time to build excitement. I am going to buy this years game just as I have bought the past 14 years games, how good the game is will help me decide if I buy any DLC\helpers and how long I will play it after the first RTG\Dynasty run-through.

I buy NCAA football because I love the sport and want to feel like a part of it, and in the end to test my skills. I don't buy the game because of some shiny new bauble they add or take away from the gameplay.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Since the NCAA team looks like they decided to take the year off based on what they're giving us, i'll take the year off from buying their game again.

Future doesn't look bright for NCAA Football. The games have gotten worse the past few years. They LOVE to "improve" one thing at a time and yet they never improve it. One year they'll talk about how they worked on the passing game yet will leave in awful throwing motions. This year they claim to have worked on the run game yet have unrealistic looking running and cuts still in the game.

They repackage old ideas and try to sell them as something new. When was the last time they just improved on something new they've added instead of looking for a way to add an entirely new thing they can market. How many times has recruiting changed? Yet it's constantly being sold to us as new & improved.

They basically added a couple different heights for the camera, claim to have fixed running, added Ultimate Team, repackage recruiting and are trying to sell it as a new game.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

I think the team should be more prepared for making the jump. The jump from XBOX to 360 was a larger one than 360 to One, and the tech we have now is way better than the tech we had years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
They repackage old ideas and try to sell them as something new. When was the last time they just improved on something new they've added instead of looking for a way to add an entirely new thing they can market. How many times has recruiting changed? Yet it's constantly being sold to us as new & improved.
They have added a few features that have so much potential. Teambuilder could have been great. Carousel could have been great. Custom stadium sounds could have been great. Could.

It's just frustrating as a huge college football fan. I see the possibilities with the next-gen systems and with what EA is hyping (and I do think the games will improve, at least Madden) and remain so optimistic for NCAA gaming. But I am getting older and just don't have much time to sit down and enjoy a video game anymore, much less a poorly devised NCAA game.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbiltfan87
They have added a few features that have so much potential. Teambuilder could have been great. Carousel could have been great. Custom stadium sounds could have been great. Could.

It's just frustrating as a huge college football fan. I see the possibilities with the next-gen systems and with what EA is hyping (and I do think the games will improve, at least Madden) and remain so optimistic for NCAA gaming. But I am getting older and just don't have much time to sit down and enjoy a video game anymore, much less a poorly devised NCAA game.
It's very frustrating. I'm insulted at the lack of improvements to all aspects of this game this year. The running game was all they really talked about in terms of gameplay improvement, doesn't seem like much to just cover 1 aspect of gameplay so in your head you're thinking maybe they spent more time on dynasty or some other aspect but everything they've come out with has been underwhelming.

Even when they claim to improve something like the run game, it's not really better because the running motion is still awful, players still slide and make unrealistic looking cuts and all the while Special teams doesn't get touched, defense is an afterthought. Madden gets this whole major upgrade to franchise mode, NCAA repackages recruiting. It's amazing.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #8
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

You would know this since you admitted that you haven't played Madden in years, but Connected Careers was a LOT better on paper than practice last year. I was much happier with the minor spit-shine NCAA 13 got (though disappointed that the physics weren't there) than CC in Madden, especially considering everything that it broke in BOTH games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »