Home

NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #65
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Read your initial post that I responded to. Then look either up or down. Then lighten up a little, I was just making a joke that I thought you might get, but apparently didn't.
You might want to look up or down yourself since I asked you where you had read that and you were unable to give me an straight answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #66
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 14 - A Deeper Look at Coach Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
You might want to look up or down yourself since I asked you where you had read that and you were unable to give me an straight answer.
What is your problem? Why are you taking this so personally? "You might want to look up or down yourself"- what does that even mean? I just made a harmless joke about how close you were to the answer, and thought you would pick up on it. And did you see the answer yet or not?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #67
Pro

volwalker's Arena

It's simple:

You "assume" that there are various progression settings based on how fast you level, and you said that you you can disable reallocation. BUT I asked you (twice) where you read and could prove that information and for some reason you can't. This should not be too hard for you to understand.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #68
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Probably my favorite thing is being able to reallocate your coordinator's skills since you can't hire your own. I can finally tailor my coordinator's skills to my philosophy.
I totally get why people like this since they have no control over what coordinators get hired. The reason why I will not do this and just deal with whoever my team hires is because if you always change the coordinator's skills to how you want them that is kind of like recreating the same guy over and over again and that kinda defeats the purpose of these coaches being unique.

I have not bought NCAA the last few years and I am wondering how offensive styles will tie into all of this. In the past was it determined by the offensive coordinator or the head coach?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
sweet! time savers are returning
Could someone explain what time savers are?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #70
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
It's simple:

You "assume" that there are various progression settings based on how fast you level, and you said that you you can disable reallocation. BUT I asked you (twice) where you read and could prove that information and for some reason you can't. This should not be too hard for you to understand.
I did tell you the second time. Follow those instructions. I wasn't be sarcastic, the answer is literally where I told you to look. Or are you being passive aggressive and don't believe the image is real or something?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #71
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I totally get why people like this since they have no control over what coordinators get hired. The reason why I will not do this and just deal with whoever my team hires is because if you always change the coordinator's skills to how you want them that is kind of like recreating the same guy over and over again and that kinda defeats the purpose of these coaches being unique.

I have not bought NCAA the last few years and I am wondering how offensive styles will tie into all of this. In the past was it determined by the offensive coordinator or the head coach?
I hope there is a middle ground where, if you disable being able to reset the skill trees at the end of the year, you can still do a one time re-spec of a coordinator when hired if you want to (or not all). I suspect you won't, but it would be nice to have the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #72
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
I did tell you the second time. Follow those instructions. I wasn't be sarcastic, the answer is literally where I told you to look. Or are you being passive aggressive and don't believe the image is real or something?
Well it looks like you and I will not get our wish of disabling that feature. Like you said earlier it all depends on how slow progression will be. I would hate to be in year ten of my dynasty and every coach is maxed out. Defeats the purpose of having the skills. This also goes back to EA believing the very few will get that far in their dynasty anyways for it to matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »