Home

Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2

I realize this was posted on the Madden forums but I didn't want any NCAA fans to miss this as the IE2 also applies to NCAA 14. There is some good information given in the podcast and some of it is about NCAA 14. Hope you enjoy, I will add the cliff notes to this post soon.

http://operationsportspressrow.libsy...nfinity-engine

Cliff notes, I am just now getting a chance to listen to this and wanted to share some of the things I observed.

They wanted to have the IE in NCAA 13 but the extra development time for Madden only allowed them to get it in Madden and they didn't want to put it in NCAA 13 in the state it was in because they felt it would have really hurt the quality of the product.

They went to EA London and worked with the guys over there on creating tools to help them tune players individually. Last year Victor wanted to have these kind of tools but was unable to get them to work properly.

These tools and mechanics they have now will allow them to tune players individually, including tuning specific times of a players muscle tension and how their ratings affect physics. This will apply to the blocking, stiff arms, tackles, etc... One example given was with trucking, a kicker would have the weakest stiff arm in the game, whereas a guy like Marshawn Lynch will have one of the strongest. They did several matchups of players at all different sizes, positions, and ratings. Their goal with this was to make physics respond accordingly to a players size, momentum, and ratings. With the ability to tune a specific players muscle tension now at specific times, they can have players tense up exactly when they want them to, which creates more realistic outcomes and players falling more naturally. They lined up the biggest possible guy and the smallest possible and everyone in between to try and create the most realistic outcomes. At first they had guys that were stronger than humans sending guys weaker than the weakest players humanly possible, flying in the air making them do backflips. This was toned down to where a collision between two players will happen realistically based on size, momentum, and ratings.

They said this makes a big difference on the offensive line too, creating new interactions with the new blocking logic and techniques. Victor said the difference in the o-line in NCAA is even greater, when you take a guy from a small division 2 school and put him up against a lineman from a school like Alabama there's a huge difference now and he's going to get crushed unless his size and ratings are similar.

They have added contextual awareness and greater AI for post play so players will be more aware of each other and not just run into each other and trip or fall all over the place.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-05-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2

If all of this stuff works as advertised, it should be one of the greatest NCAA games of all time. It seems like the mottot for NCAA football over the last few years was "size dosent matter". Im happy to see we are trying to get away from that now
Old 06-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2

Thanks JP is there any more?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

The best part about that is the O-Line stuff. Sounds like ratings are going to matter in that regard.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 06-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

We have a saying over at Inside Carolina message board when it comes to determining how much interest a recruit has in your school. I think that saying applies here regarding anything EA does...

"Watch what they do...not what they say."

We'll see...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Tyler_Bullard's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes that OL news is great.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
I was just gonna ask about this. Wanted to know if the engine effected anybody else on the field an not just the ball carrier an tackler.

This is great news, I hope it really is as advertised
Old 06-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Bullard
Yes that OL news is great.
Yeah the best news I've heard if its accurate...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »