Home

is '14 the year defensive players can win heisman?

This is a discussion on is '14 the year defensive players can win heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: is '14 the year defensive players can win heisman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Only one defensive player has ever won the Heisman, Charles Woodson who was a DB. Of all the great LBs over the years, none has won it.

That being said one year (I think '09) I created a LB and had something like 190 tak, 90 sack, 18 INT, and 14 defensive TDs. I did not play that player on the offensive side of the ball (the easy way to get on the heisman rankings quickly) and won the award. The next year I did even better and was passed over by a HB who had only 1,500 yards rushing and 14 TDs.

How do you even get those numbers for a defensive player? those are extremely mind boggling
Old 06-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Theory 42
How do you even get those numbers for a defensive player? those are extremely mind boggling
Low settings for one, I was just trying to win the award with a defensive player. Blitzing out of context (the play did not call for it) and then rushing 3-4 (enough to get pressure) and covering short routes with my LB for the picks. He also had many fumble recoveries but those are more of a fluke and less strategy so I don't really count them.

On Freshman you could slice through the line like butter and hit a HB or QB in the backfield on a PA or toss play.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

In an OD on Ncaa 13 I had a MLB wit 135 tkls, 41 sacks, 4 int's, 13 ff, and 9 td's 2nd place for the heisman and he dropped to 4th ONLY because I had that 1 loss in every season that kept me from getting to the conf. title gm. My OLB finished 5th. Still pissed my QB dropped. Over 3500 passing wit 47 td's 1123 rushing wit 22 td's smh. This happened at least 4 straight seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
Rookie

BigGamecock's Arena

OVR: 1

Clowney comin'
Old 06-21-2016, 04:31 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I won the award with a DE, posting 108 Tackles, 89 TFL, 6 ATK, 63 Sacks, 3 FF, 1 INT, 1 TD. Altogether an achievable statline for R2G, playing All-American. It also helped that after my sophomore season I started with preseason Junior Heisman consideration, so I just put up enough stats not to fall, and moved up when the QBs had bad weeks.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
Had a guy who was listed as a CB but played a lot WR for me too. Got him as a 4 star athlete at MTSU so he was 6'3" 215. He had 9 picks his best defensive season and somewhere around 15 TDs and 900 yards or so receiving. He was my team that year, and his whole career actually. Patrick Cotton, the biggest fastest white guy in college football (97 speed, 94 ACC)
Why is his race relevant?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 06-25-2016, 05:59 AM   #15
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Why is his race relevant?
I think he was simply stating the guy was white. Don't be that person who turns it into a race war. There's enough of that in the world today. Let's stay on topic perhaps ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #16

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I had a DB break the NCAA record for INTs and pick sixes, and even added some return yardage, and he never sniffed the Heisman list.

I thought about playing him on offense just to get him a handful of catches a la Charles Woodson, to see if that helps him, but never got around to it. Maybe next season.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »