Home

NEW: NCAA 14 Interview w/EA Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on NEW: NCAA 14 Interview w/EA Producer Ben Haumiller within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #41
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NEW: NCAA 14 Interview w/EA Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Why does Oregon run the no huddle with with a 21 point lead and 2 minutes left in the game? There are a lot of other situations similar to this but I guess a uniform patch is more important than game play.
Oregon does this real life. LOL.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #42
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

Apparently, you have been banned Mr. Bill, but in case you are still lurking the thread:

Will the defensive touchdown glitch be fixed for the retail copy? The one where the defensive player gets a pick in the endzone and runs out of bounds(while still in the endzone) and the teams is awarded six points?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #43
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Y was mrBill banned?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

As far as the actual interview goes, I heard the FCS question addressed

I remember everyone saying that the disc wasn't capable of having all FBS and FCS schools, and I just never quite bought that. Ben Haumiller stated in the interview that adding FCS schools is something that's discussed every year but they never quite get around to putting them on the game.

So that means that the capability may actually be there and it's a matter of just waiting...we've really gotta get the FCS teams on the game soon...it's time
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 06-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #45
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Good interview, but very disappointed that nothing was asked about CPU clock management and play calling. Year after year this gets ignored. Unreal.

Why does Oregon run the no huddle with with a 21 point lead and 2 minutes left in the game? There are a lot of other situations similar to this but I guess a uniform patch is more important than game play.
This right here...also nothing mentioned about the glitched up penalty and AI sliders unless I missed it. All of the improvements in this year's title will make playing other users a lot more fun, but it's same old same old when it's time to play the CPU.

Looking fwd to hearing the impressions once the game drops concerning the playcalling and AI, so I'm still holding on to a little bit of hope before I decide to buy or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Oregon does this real life. LOL.
You're missing the bigger point as it relates to how the CPU calls plays and its overall clock management. Too predictable, unrealistic and sometimes flat out silly (CPU calling a play with 1 safety deep in Hail Mary situations is a prime example).

Last edited by Sundown2600; 06-22-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #46
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have tweeted about this as well and it opened up some dialog with other fans of the game.

I also mentioned my concerns over the CPU 3rd and long playcalling, usually a 4 vertical or poor HB screen.
A HB Screen or even a draw would be reasonable on 3rd and long. Many teams play filed possession and don't want to risk a forced pass INT. The 4 verts is probably something they should look at though.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 06-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #47
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
A HB Screen or even a draw would be reasonable on 3rd and long. Many teams play filed possession and don't want to risk a forced pass INT. The 4 verts is probably something they should look at though.
Once again let's see the bigger picture ladies and gentleman. The problem is not with the screen being called, the issue is its being called too often and in predictable situations, then to make it worse the CPU's execution of that particular play is laughable. Even in the demo it winds up ending with a sack 25-40 percent of the time, same as last year. That's not realistic at all, so you end up with DTs with no less than 2 sacks a piece each game.

I did not notice the CPU going for 4 verts in the demo in third and long situations unlike last year, but as I've said without the benefit of replay I can't say anything for sure.

All we can do is hope these issues will not carry over to the final build.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #48
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Mr Bill thanks for the ?'s asked and i seen u said u would talk with him again so i wanted to see if u can ask him if this year will the field logo change to the conf that i switch my team to? Because on 13 i switched Eastern Mich to the Big 10 It never showed up on there field.To see i also took Southern Miss and put them in the Big 12 the same year and it didnt change. I just want to know if this was fixed to were it would say that Conf. That u put the new team in. I know alot of ppl say they see it on there field but it doesnt show up when i switch my team to other Conf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »