Home

Regarding NCAA Football Series/EA Sports

This is a discussion on Regarding NCAA Football Series/EA Sports within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Regarding NCAA Football Series/EA Sports

I like this thread and agree with most of the comments here. From playing the demo (limited exposure to the game) I would say gameplay and play book selection is the best they have been on the current consoles. What drives me crazy is that we have a modern college football game with 80's, 90's, and 2000's era equipment...lack of stadium expansions which are in the current stadiums along with missing led ribbon boards or video boards...the ability to ignore any updates for the most part to Team Builder...its the apparent lack of motivation by the ncaa team to address issues that persist year in and year out. They neglect these issues yet add features like heisman challenge (glorified RTG) while having to compensate for heisman winners not covered by the NFLPA, the Ultimate Team feature which along with Heisman challenge is riddled with micro transactions to pad the pockets of EA along with uniform store and other DLC. Then they add play a season! They need to address issues that are unresolved for YEARS now to add to the authenticity of the game, it shows how ignorant the NCAA team is ran from the top down. Ive heard that the NCAA team is small for EA but they need to address issues before implementing "new" features. Sorry so long but these things have been bothering me for some time now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #26
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNHuskerman
Sundown,

Not trying to go too far off topic, but may I ask which games you play that give you 100% satisfaction every time you play them? When I look in my library of games, I can maybe pick out 3 that fit the bill. NBA 2K11(yes, still the best 2K basketball game and possibly best sports game ever made IMO), Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption are the ones for me. Every time I play those games I can be 100% sure that I will have a great time and see or do something I have never done before and have an "Oh Damn" moment!

I wish I could place an NCAA Football game on that upper echelon of greatness, but would be lying if I did. And that is mostly the reason for me starting this thread. NCAA Football could be great, it just never is and I fail to see any valid reason (or excuse) why it isn't.
Games like Skyrim and X-Com Enemy Unknown just to name a few, but there are many more for me in this current generation. I read a few of the other posts and I pretty much got the answer to my question. I'm not surprised and I completely understand even though I don't agree with it. I'm a huge Formula One fan, but I refuse to buy the F1 game that Codemasters shovels out every year because I don't feel it is a good enough representation of the sport. Every year I listen to the hype and every year the game doesn't live up to it, so I refuse to buy it.

At the end of the day EA is under no pressure whatsoever to hit a home run with their football games. No pressure to fix bugs that have carried over from game to game for years. I can't blame them anymore tbh because ppl are gonna go out and buy the game anyway. Just my two cents I'm not attacking anybody.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #27
Banned

Is some of that complacency year in and year out due to the NCAA exclusive rights deal then Sundown? You know what I mean? Like they are too comfortable with no competition, IMO i think it has something to do with it.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #28
Banned

Can someone tell me what masks exactly are from the 80s? I love football but I'm not a big a fan as all of you since I'm younger apparently.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #29
Banned

My 80's equipment reference was to the heavy taped ankles, hands, and wrists. I guess the standard helmet was used then which is still in the game yet not worn by a single player now due to the emphesis on player saftey. Oh the dan marino facemask is still in the game also.

Last edited by aksarben21; 06-24-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #30
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksarben21
Is some of that complacency year in and year out due to the NCAA exclusive rights deal then Sundown? You know what I mean? Like they are too comfortable with no competition, IMO i think it has something to do with it.
Agree 100% Iron sharpens iron. IMO until we get 2k or some other legit competitor, the game will only see minimal improvement. Video games are a huge business, they aren't going to dump a ton of time or money into something if they know they are going to make a certain profit. I still to this day feel like last gen gameplay was the best. I think they are getting closer as I do believe 14 will be the best game yet. But there is still plenty to be desired. For me I'm getting old. NCAA is the only game I play, and the only reason I own an Xbox. This next generation is make or break for me. If its great, I'll continue to buy and play. If it's not I will seriously have to consider just giving up video games. I can't go through another cycle like this one.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #31
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity
Agree 100% Iron sharpens iron. IMO until we get 2k or some other legit competitor, the game will only see minimal improvement. Video games are a huge business, they aren't going to dump a ton of time or money into something if they know they are going to make a certain profit. I still to this day feel like last gen gameplay was the best. I think they are getting closer as I do believe 14 will be the best game yet. But there is still plenty to be desired. For me I'm getting old. NCAA is the only game I play, and the only reason I own an Xbox. This next generation is make or break for me. If its great, I'll continue to buy and play. If it's not I will seriously have to consider just giving up video games. I can't go through another cycle like this one.
I think the economics card trumps the competition card all day everyday. EA has had competition before with football games. It didn't make their game better or worse IMO, although I am by no means an expert on that. The strongest statement a consumer can make is to not purchase a product that they feel is inferior or lacking in some way. Now if ppl are buying the game because they are addcited to football and need a fix I understand that too. You better believe the suits at EA understand it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #32
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
The exclusive rights probably plays some role. I don't necessarily believe the team is unmotivated or don't care. But I think their resources could be reduced as there hasn't been a significant fear that they'll lose market share.

This year they were facing two-straight years of a disappointing product (as a whole) so had some extra incentive to put out a much improved version. I think that's why we're seeing more progress. Hopefully that continues to build regardless of whether another dev enters the fold again.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »