Home

Anyone having fun on defense?

This is a discussion on Anyone having fun on defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anyone having fun on defense?

I've only been able to play a couple games with the demo but I'm wondering if anyone is having fun on defense? The last couple years to me is seems everything is geared towards offense and it is hard to make an impact even with the best players on D. Could be that I don't get to play as much as I used to and my skills are lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone having fun on defense?

Until they overhaul OL/DL interactions, make speed rushing mechanics (and not gimmicks) a real part of the game, and make size factor into physics, then I won't be able to truly "have fun" on defense. It's the most important part of football, but the battle in the trenches is pretty poorly represented in EA's football games.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 06-25-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nope but not because the cpu AI is cheating as much this year, they are just so darn smart. The qb know when to run, they option pitch well too, the all still "jerk run" so it's hard to line them up for a hit. If you meet a rb in a hole he'll cut to another one, the option game is going to be the only game this year we all can see and they run it soo well. Zone D doesn't do anything and if you run man they block so well it hard to stop them soo blitz...
Old 06-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Rookie

I have just as much fun on defense as I do on offense.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsantos_5
I've only been able to play a couple games with the demo but I'm wondering if anyone is having fun on defense? The last couple years to me is seems everything is geared towards offense and it is hard to make an impact even with the best players on D. Could be that I don't get to play as much as I used to and my skills are lacking.

Not yet, I am horrible. Of course I have been playing on Heisman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
Nope but not because the cpu AI is cheating as much this year, they are just so darn smart. The qb know when to run, they option pitch well too, the all still "jerk run" so it's hard to line them up for a hit. If you meet a rb in a hole he'll cut to another one, the option game is going to be the only game this year we all can see and they run it soo well. Zone D doesn't do anything and if you run man they block so well it hard to stop them soo blitz...
I found a way to cheat the game mechanics/AI. Take the end that is supposed to break down on the runner and control him. Make a quick fake like you are going to break down, then stay home and crush the QB.

This was not 100%, but probably 80% effective in stopping the option.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

Defense is much more fun to play in my opinion. I just really like making interceptions and smashing helpless receivers while they aren't looking though. The latter is is even better on slow speeds.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
Banned

No fun defense here..."ball hawk" feature doesn't work as advertised. The controls are simply too laggy. Meaning the player you're controlling doesn't perform a given move when you push the button giving you the feeling that you're not really controlling the action. Good luck shedding a block in the open field and like a magnet the blocker b-lines to the guy your controlling and the shuck block/swim moves don't work worth beans. IMO the problem plaguing defense has been the same for 10+ years and that is the defensive actions are linked to animations and not the buttons and they (ball hawk/swat/dive) are dictated by the action on the field, not user input. This year is no different. It strips the fun out of playing defense because you simply cannot manually control a player and compensate for a bad play call or bad AI. Last gen this was never an issue. It also frequently switches you to the "wrong" man when you change players on defense making matters even worse. Once again this was never an issue on last gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »