Home

Barry Sanders Ultimate Team Pic

This is a discussion on Barry Sanders Ultimate Team Pic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Barry Sanders Ultimate Team Pic

On the NCAA Football Facebook page, the caption reads "LIKE if you'd choose Barry to start on your NCAA FB Ultimate Team!" Before I even ask my question to you all, please understand that I'm not trying to spark an equipment vs gameplay argument, there are enough of those on the NCAA forums as is. I'm simply wondering if anybody knows if the players will wear equipment similar to when they played college ball? I doubt the old Wilson helmets and that sort of stuff is in, but will we be seeing NFL hall of famers wearing Revo speeds or do you think they'll look as close to their real life, on field counterpart as possible?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (110.6 KB, 471 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Barry Sanders Ultimate Team Pic

I think, as you said, it's important not to make this thread another outlet for people to argue their position on equipment. With that said, if I were to guess, I think they'll take those old players and make them appear more modern. It will be more like, this is what Barry Sanders would wear if he was playing today, rather than this is what Barry wore when we playing before.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

WOW!

Is that really the gear they are going to put him in this year?

This might be why most of their 2400 Ultimate team players are current NFL players because having so many older generation players no longer in the game today probably wouldn't look right in today's uniforms.

I wonder why they (EA) don't allow the same gear options as they do for Madden 13.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 06-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

In Madden ultimate team the old players had their old equipment, I liked it that way, and hope NCAA ultimate team does the same. But as westview said, it may look weird with todays uniforms and stuff.

On a side note: Wouldn't it be cool if we could give custom gear to the players on our ultimate teams?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Most of the players are current NFL players because it is easier to get their rights.

It would be cool for old players to be in older equipment (heck it'd be cool to have real throwback equipment available in all game modes) but I don't expect it. You're building a team of stars from various eras, but they're all playing in today's era when you play the UT game. But yeah, it would be really cool if they were in old stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

Slightly irrelevant, but I'm only 20, so I don't have the luxury of remembering or truly saying, "man, Herschel Walker was a MONSTER in college," because all I have to go by are videos. I'm not lucky enough to witness how awesome some of these guys were in their college days. That's where MUT really got it right for me. Getting to play with Walter Payton and other guys in equipment true to their era was just amazing. It's certainly not a game breaker to see Barry in a revolution helmet, but you guys have me convinced that seeing him in his equipment from Ok State would look pretty funky in Oregon's threads. As you guys have mentioned though, a majority of the guys represented in this mode are current NFL players, so I can understand leaving out, whether intentional or not, equipment and aesthetics that cater to players of past eras.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
On the NCAA Football Facebook page, the caption reads "LIKE if you'd choose Barry to start on your NCAA FB Ultimate Team!" Before I even ask my question to you all, please understand that I'm not trying to spark an equipment vs gameplay argument, there are enough of those on the NCAA forums as is. I'm simply wondering if anybody knows if the players will wear equipment similar to when they played college ball? I doubt the old Wilson helmets and that sort of stuff is in, but will we be seeing NFL hall of famers wearing Revo speeds or do you think they'll look as close to their real life, on field counterpart as possible?
you could have told me that Joe Smith or Mike Jones and there would be no difference. Really dumb to not put guys in their correct equipment but keep in mind they don't have a lot of the equipment in the game and love to claim they are limited so the old players will look the same as the new players just with the real names and attributes.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Arkansas State baby!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »