Home

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #25
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubvcrazy
I'll be running a no huddle spread option and a no huddle air raid as well. I used to run spread option (like what Rich Rod ran at WVU) exclusively, but since Holgorsen came to WVU I've learned the air raid and ran it exclusively last year. Since the spread option is going to be good this year, I'll be using both offenses.
Yeah I loved Urbans offense when I was in high school and now that I'm out and in my second year of coaching I learned a more pro style offense and counter was a huge staple of our offense. Now with a coaching change were running a pistol flex offense and adding some power football principles to the option game. I'm bringing a mix of the three to my virtual Gators. I like the balanced Pistol for triple options with the slot guys, Offset Gun with a FB in front of the HB for power and counter plays. I think it lets you run basically an I backfield out of the gun and of course some read option out of it as well. I'm not really much of a zone guy, if its not a read there's usually a pulling lineman somewhere. Even though the shovel option is great, I love the counter read option. Now if we could add a slat route backside, away from the pull (legal since the pass would happen before the lineman had time to get down field) I would run that play 75% of the time. We had a play like that and nobody could really stop it.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #26
Rookie

dubvcrazy's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoore0192
Yeah I loved Urbans offense when I was in high school and now that I'm out and in my second year of coaching I learned a more pro style offense and counter was a huge staple of our offense. Now with a coaching change were running a pistol flex offense and adding some power football principles to the option game. I'm bringing a mix of the three to my virtual Gators. I like the balanced Pistol for triple options with the slot guys, Offset Gun with a FB in front of the HB for power and counter plays. I think it lets you run basically an I backfield out of the gun and of course some read option out of it as well. I'm not really much of a zone guy, if its not a read there's usually a pulling lineman somewhere. Even though the shovel option is great, I love the counter read option. Now if we could add a slat route backside, away from the pull (legal since the pass would happen before the lineman had time to get down field) I would run that play 75% of the time. We had a play like that and nobody could really stop it.
That's awesome that you're into coaching man. I'm looking to get into it myself, I'm still in high school though.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #27
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0

Until the OS community rosters get done I think I'm going to play with Western Kentucky and attempt to switch their offense to a Flexbone Option style offense. I was browsing their personnel on team builder yesterday and they appear to have the players that might make it work. If it doesn't, then at least it will test the new recruiting system and let me know if I need any slider adjustments. Should be a fun challenge.

Once the rosters do get done I will start my main dynasty I do every year with Vanderbilt. I use a created custom playbook that is a Hybrid between a Spread Option/Pro Style Offense.

Both dynasty's will be a Base 4-3 for the defensive scheme.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #28
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubvcrazy
That's awesome that you're into coaching man. I'm looking to get into it myself, I'm still in high school though.
The best advice I can give is to go back as an assistant where you played. I graduated in 08 and spent two years at my high school helping with the summer program. I also worked and went to school, I finished up my associates and planned on getting a job at the school I helped coach at but the head coach left and so did 90% of his staff. So I called around to the local schools, and met with our cross town rival. The coach there ended up calling the coach I played and worked under asking about me. Apparently he put in a good word and he let me on as an intern. This year is my first paid year.

All I can tell ya is be personable, yet humble and soak up as much knowledge as possible. I've gotten really lucky bc the staff I'm on was made up of 4 former head coaches and the one that just got named this year was a 20 year assistant that was promoted from within and the OC is smart enough to coach anywhere but he's happy where he's at. The former HC won two D3 national championships at the college level before moving here to coach HS. The best thing to do is show up for very single meeting, paid or not, work your tail off and listen and take notes in every film session, meeting or any other thing that could possibly be useful. When they ask you something do it like its the most important job ever bc it's about the impression you leave with people as to what opportunities you get.

Sorry for the lecture just trying to help someone out who's shoes I've been in before. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen fast. Alright, back on topic now, has anyone seen or heard of any flex pistol plays? By that I mean flexbone plays from the pistol formation.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Old 07-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #29
Just started!

OVR: 0

For me I will have a mix of the pro style offense and some plays from the spread playbook. It's basically a multiple offense and it will be 50/50 run/pass.

Also what is the 4-3 multiple and 3-4 multiple and why is it different from the 4-3 and 3-4?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

I will be going some form of spread offense and run a 3/4 defense. Been running Oregon alot on the demo and been liking their spread/option offense as well.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Old 07-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #31
Just started!

TC1142's Arena

OVR: 2

Honestly this year ill be looking to run a Air Raid with Neal Brown returning to his home state as offensive coordinator. But ill be kinda torn between two QB's to start off. I have either Jalen Whitlow the Speedy Soph or Max Smith the Accurate Soph. Im leaning with Jalen because of the option im wanting to run this year. but still looking for big numbers on the ground and threw the air. On defense ill be most likely using a 4-3 and having mark stoops at the helm I should be able to turn around this program a couple years in because of his recruiting prowess in OH. Im looking forward to the challenge with my beloved wildcats this year with one of the toughest schedules in the game should be fun!

Projected stats- QB 2500+ 20TDs passing 500yds 10TDs Rushing
Yards combined>RB1 600-800yds 10TDs / RB2 400-500yds 5TDs
Wrs will be spread out amongst them.
ill use my TE's and looking for a combined 400yds 5TDs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #32
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

Ill be looking to run a pro-style Offense. If I can it will be a user created playbook. Mainly up the middle runs with some sweeps and counters for the run game. Slants and curls and deep outs for the passing game. Going to look for a formation with the tight end able to split out wide.

AS for Defense 3-4 with multiple formations and a mix of cover 2 man and zone.

I normally pick a play and then read the Defense and decide run or pass. I cant wait to see how my first season pans out. Haven't decided if I want to start as a d or o coordinator.

All I know is tomorrow is going to be spent making a playbook, If I can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »