Home

A Guy Over at TGT has the Game

This is a discussion on A Guy Over at TGT has the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIAggie
I wouldn't put muck stock in this, it sounds like he's playing the demo and just making stuff up. if he was already banned from other sites, yea...don't waste time
He's not making things up. He has the game. We talk on the phone from time to time.

We discussed a few noticeable issues already

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: A Guy Over at TGT has the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
He's not making things up. He has the game. We talk on the phone from time to time.

We discussed a few noticeable issues already

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
What other issues have u discussed with him so far?

The zone coverage comment scares me quite a bit. Hoping this is a simple slider fix.

The recruiting paragraph he wrote isnt a big deal to me though. He said the tutorial suggested waiting until later than sooner to schedule visit. He waited until the very end it sounds like and had he scheduled in week 9, 10, 11, or whatever, he would have signed a few more.

My greatest fear is that when ea makes something challenging the masses have this knee jerk reaction to just flip out and ea nerfs the game.

Lets see what we all find out tomorrow

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well one problem he had in recruiting is he waited until week 13 for recruits to visit. You can't send 19 recruits in one week. You have to spread your visits out. Of course if you wait until the last week other schools will have already had these guys visit. You get bonuses this year for having certain guys visit with other guys. QB's visit with WR's and so on. You have to impress too when you have visits. I don't know if he was fully aware of these things or maybe recruiting is broken. I guess we will find out tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Think he mentioned he is playing default sliders, so possible fix to some of this if true. Will find out for sure Fri.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Personally, I'm glad to hear that he had trouble recruiting. Hopefully that means we have to have a good strategy and I think it would be pretty fun to find out how to recruit (given that it's not broken). I probably sound like I'm settling but I'd take updated recruiting and slightly better gameplay as long as the bugs and freezes are patched up. I think I would have enjoyed the prior two titles but it was plagued by some frustrating issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fear
I don't know if he was fully aware of these things or maybe recruiting is broken.
One of the EA blogs on recruiting said there's a bonus for being the last visit. He was probably taking that advice from EA to heart.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
One of the EA blogs on recruiting said there's a bonus for being the last visit. He was probably taking that advice from EA to heart.
Yeah probably so. No school is going to have 20 guys on a visit in one week. In the offseason you will need to have no more than 3-6 guys left to recruit. There is no way that you could have 15-20 guys left and expect to land them. Your points would be to spread out and the other teams could put 4000-5000 points on someone. I really hope recruiting isn't screwed up though and this guy just struggled the first time to get the hang of it.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm actually more excited for recruiting after reading that. It sounds like he made a mistake in his approach, maybe taking some EA advice too literally, and nerfed his recruiting class by trying to have one massive closer visit. Recruiting sounds harder and it seems like we will need to plan out things better. Sweet. Can't wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »