Home

GameSpot Reviews NCAA 14

This is a discussion on GameSpot Reviews NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: GameSpot Reviews NCAA 14

I don't think the review was all that bad. In a nutshell he said it wasn't much better than 13 and thats all i have to know. I'm stickin with 12 unless someone can convince me otherwise. And also IGN gave it a 7.4 unlike last year when they gave 13 an 8.
Favorite NBA Player Tracy McGrady
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #26
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

He gave NCAAF 12 : 7

NCAAF 13 : 6.5

NCAAF 14 : 6

wat ?
Old 07-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #27
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
This game seems to be getting shredded by reviewers. I wish they were reviewing like this the entire generation instead of giving every release a "good" review.

I'm still more excited to play this based on the demo than I've been for a long time. The stuff that I think is crap is still crappy, but I think I should be able to get a few months of fun out of the improvements.
My thoughts exactly. Where were these harsh reviews back when the game played terribly? No footplanting, hummingbird movement by defenders, zig-zag running, suction tackling/blocking, "bowling pin" defenders, terrible passing trajectories, stale line play, etc. I could go on and on.

This is the year where I feel EA actually deserves a little credit for legitimately trying to give us a football simulation. They aren't completely successful (based on the demo), but there are noticeable difference to the basic gameplay foundation. It feels much more like real football on the field than any other game this generation. Not saying it doesn't still have a ways to go, but it's definitely an improvement overall.

They should have been handing out 6's all generation instead of 8's, and judging from the demo, they should have been handing out 7's-8's instead of 6's this year. EA, don't listen to these reviewers. Keep going with this kind of mentality. Less gimmicks, more focus on realism, more focus on organic gameplay. That's what us fans are looking for, and that's what will draw people to the series.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
He gave NCAAF 12 : 7

NCAAF 13 : 6.5

NCAAF 14 : 6

wat ?
I Don't think the game deserves a 6. Because of the IE probably deserves a 7
Old 07-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #29
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3

they said its the same game.. thats proof they havent put hardly any time into the game
NFL: Tennessee Titans
Old 07-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williekemp15
they said its the same game.. thats proof they havent put hardly any time into the game
go check out the OS review, its a lot better than this, even though the score is bit to high at an eight.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #31
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

Greg Miller gave it a 7.4, which seems fair and hes a good person to review it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

A couple of stuff

-How can you guys be critical of review with full playing the game yourself,My second point is contradict this some but what if you play the full game for yourself and come to same conclusion?

-The second thing i am beginning to hate reviews,I am increasing more and more like first impressions,Increasingly you need more time to review a game properly.Did he play dynasty mode? Did he play Nut? Did he play Season mode? Is he aware of the problems of the previous games? Does the person understand football?

If someone is going to review NCAA

-They need to play game online against people
-The need play couple of Dynasty seasons probably at least 4 years with two different teams one good team and one bad team
-They have to understand problems of the game know if money routes/cheesy stuff or stupid infinity engine glitches are still in the game
-They need to give all modes a little mention like UT and Season

I am pretty certain this was not done,The review is a little fluff piece on general play.It is sad the nature of beast is that they have to get a review out before people get the game but you need time actually review a game properly,I am sure this site is going to do a better job but 90 percent of reviews MMorpg, deep rpg or Sports game are a waste of time.What if NCAA has glitch that cause online games to freeze or clear issue in deeper in dynasty.I rather see first impression with Buy or don't buy and maybe two weeks like a final review than definite review today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »