Home

NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #49
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Great job, I was on the fence but your review has made it a day one purchase for me!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Glad that EA fixed the bugs in the Infinity Engine from Madden and incorporated it into NCAA this year. Have been a huge fan of the NCAA football series, but was a little disappointed in last year's version. Would love to see the Road To Glory feature an entire high school game where you can choose between multiple players on your school. Any of them could be a Div 1 prospect. Also, where's the Army H.S. game that features the nation's top recruits and talent? Add that feature in for the Next-Gen console or for NCAA'15 (360/PS3) and that would be great. Lastly, definitely update the commentary. Nothing against Kirk Herbstreit, but throw in Brent Musberger for the title game.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by macncheese
i was all ready to make my return to college football after a 2 year hiatus. wasnt thrilled with the demo but thought it would be better in the real game. bought the season ticket and downloaded. this by the end of the first ranked match i had enough of the read option. this game blows and i feel stupid for ever giving it a chance.

-defense is non existant
-option is over powered
-players dont feel right
-players are too slow.
-out routes and comebacks can become unstoppable
-zone is broken
-man gets beat too easily

well looks like back to madden.....maybe. will definitely switch my paid off pre order to something else.

dont fall for the hype and excitement of a new game.
I tend to agree with most of this. As someone who historically enjoys playing defense more than offense I find it really disappointing at how inept the defense is in the demo. I can't imagine the full retail game being any more satisfying on the defensive side of the ball. I agree 100% with the "Players don't fell right" observation. It's very difficult to dive into a ball carrying considering the man doesn't always dive when you push the button..same is true defending a passed ball. Nothing more frustrating when you push or hold triangle and the man your controlling does absolutely nothing as ball whistles right by his head into the hands of the receiver. I won't be on the ea football bandwagon again until this is fixed. Can't imagine it being any better in Madden considering it's been a problem for going on 10 years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0
OK, I downloaded the demo for Xbox and still no broadcast camera angle. Deleted.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #53
MVP

skywalkah's Arena

OVR: 13
Good read, really interested with getting my time in on this one.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #54
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
i find this review disappointing. operation sports is all about sports. this game still leaves a lot to be desired. and if gamespot (who reviews every single game) gives it a 6....how is it getting an 8 on here?? in the past its been opposite. where os has given sports games the lower rating while other game websites who do not pay much attention to sports games other than when they release give them the rating that is too high.

this has me worried as an avid oser....
Old 07-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #55
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
http://youtu.be/gTYkEHrvThs

this sounds better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 Review (360/PS3)

Didn't gamespot or ign give NBA 2k13 a 9.5?? I wont be taking their reviews seriously after that....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »