Home

Old 07-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #41
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: PS3 Jaggies

I go over this every year, so I'll do it again:

First of all, EA develops all their games on 360 hardware. This means it's then ported over to the PS3 albeit at a lesser quality. Check out Lens of Truth and you'll see every Madden and NCAA game just looks better on 360.

Second of all, the PS3 doesn't have advanced Anti-Aliasing and Anisotrophic Filtering. That's because it's an old and underpowered system at this point in time.

So you combine a game being ported to the PS3 with the fact that it can't do AA an AF very well and you get this result: Jaggies! When games are developed on the PS3 they do a better job of optimizing the different filter methods. Games like MLB the Show do a great job because it's develop strictly for the PS3. Next gen should be better but until EA stops porting to the PS and instead develops on it you'll be seeing a lot of jaggies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #42
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I found a screen shot online of the ps3 version. If you click on the picture you can zoom in and is exactly what I was just talking about. This screen shot accurately shows the same that I am seeing myself.

http://www.gameday40.com/wp-content/...erted-Veer.jpg
That look awful. I hope the next gen games don't look like that. So I'm guessing that the game was made for the 360 then ported ova.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #43
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
I go over this every year, so I'll do it again:

First of all, EA develops all their games on 360 hardware. This means it's then ported over to the PS3 albeit at a lesser quality. Check out Lens of Truth and you'll see every Madden and NCAA game just looks better on 360.

Second of all, the PS3 doesn't have advanced Anti-Aliasing and Anisotrophic Filtering. That's because it's an old and underpowered system at this point in time.

So you combine a game being ported to the PS3 with the fact that it can't do AA an AF very well and you get this result: Jaggies! When games are developed on the PS3 they do a better job of optimizing the different filter methods. Games like MLB the Show do a great job because it's develop strictly for the PS3. Next gen should be better but until EA stops porting to the PS and instead develops on it you'll be seeing a lot of jaggies.
I have an Xbox One and a PS4 preordered. So you think these cross platform games would look better on the Xbox One?

Last edited by swaggedout; 07-07-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
I have an Xbox One and a PS3 preordered. So you think these cross platform games would look better on the Xbox One?
Absolutely not.

The Playstation 4 is technically speaking superior to the Xbox One (DDR5) and the true cause of cross platform degradation on current gen is due to the cell processor. Third party developers never truly learned it, which is why nearly all games made for both consoles are better on 360.

Look at the first party titles for PS3 (Uncharted, Last of Us, Killzone). Those are made by people who understand the Cell which is why their graphics demolish Xbox 360 titles.

The architecture of the PS4 is very, very similar to the X1 (but most importantly, gaming pc's) and it's chips are superior in regards to gaming.

Last edited by RateSports; 07-07-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #45
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Absolutely not.

The Playstation 4 is technically speaking superior to the Xbox One (DDR5) and the true cause of cross platform degradation on current gen is due to the cell processor. Third party developers never truly learned it, which is why nearly all games made for both consoles are better on 360.

Look at the first party titles for PS3 (Uncharted, Last of Us, Killzone). Those are made by people who understand the Cell which is why their graphics demolish Xbox 360 titles.

The architecture of the PS4 is very, very similar to the X1 (but most importantly, gaming pc's) and it's chips are superior in regards to gaming.
Appreciate the insight, both systems almost paid off. Getting Madden 25 and Nba 2k14 for sports. Trying to figure out with system to get them on. Don't wanna pay all that money and get jagged edges all ova my screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #46
Rookie

DKHardee's Arena

I've preordered a PS4 and can't wait for NCAA Football to come to the system.

I downloaded the demo for the 360 and PS3. Most previous years it was obvious right away that the 360 looked better (although I always bought a PS3 version due to it being my controller preference). This year the 360 still looks better but not as obvious as before. Those with ST, does the retail PS3 version really look worse than the demo?
Old 07-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #47
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't have this "jaggies" issue on ps3 that everyone is talking about. Unless I am not understanding what you mean by it.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #48
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
I don't have this "jaggies" issue on ps3 that everyone is talking about. Unless I am not understanding what you mean by it.
Its the outline of the players. All games that I know of, have them. Its just the level of detail, the type of tv, your settings, the size of your tv, and how close you are sitting, that makes them more noticeable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »