Home

recruiting too boring?

This is a discussion on recruiting too boring? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #41
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: recruiting too boring?

14's recruiting is better compared to 13's recruiting, but IMO it's still far from what a simulation of college football recruiting should be, IMO. It's too video gamey, impersonal, and number oriented. It's also a case of step forward, step backwards IMO because they took out in-home visits after the season, which doesn't lend credence to the people saying it's more realistic. Yeah, in some areas, but less realistic in others.

Still missing the ability to watch HS games (or even better, play as the prospect you are recruiting), all star games, statistics, realistic pipeline system, the ability to accept commitments or tell a recruit to hold off on committing, and a ton of other things. What bothers me most is how few commits you receive before the season. In real life, Texas has 21 verbals right now in July. Most teams have 12+. The fewest in the rivals top 25 is Auburn with 9. But in NCAA 14, you might not even get 9 verbals through the entire season.

People say there is strategy in the game, but it's boring to me. Real strategy would be a ton of kids yet to be ranked want to commit to you during the summer before you know what their ratings/rankings are. You either decide to accept those commitments or wait until the season starts so you can gather more info about their skills. But by not accepting their commitments during the summer, they felt dissed and now you have a ton of ground to make up.

I also don't get why player styles and coach styles don't factor into ratings. Meaning a dual threat HS QB might be rated a 68 in a pocket passing system but a 77 in an option running system. Instead, every recruit is rated the same no matter which system he is in. Player fits should have more of an impact and assist the CPU in recruiting.

That would be fun and realistic, and I wouldn't mind spending a bunch of time recruiting.

I wasn't a fan of 13's recruiting. It was tedious, thoughtless, and boring. 14 is different, more streamlined, but it's still not what I consider "fun". Not to mention, where is the excitement of national signing day? The hats? The anxiety of waiting for the make or break gem to your class?

To me, the recruiting for this series changes a lot, but it's honestly the same ish, different toilet.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-07-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »