Home

Presentation - How is it?

This is a discussion on Presentation - How is it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Presentation - How is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
thanks for the input guys. i didn't play last years since i had a very fun 12 dynasty going.

i have a ton of credit from some trades in so i was thinking about taking a flyer on this version. but if the presentation isn't a big improvement, i may wait for the price to drop before my buy. it looks like game play improved though.
IMO go get this years version of the game. It is possibly the best version of this generation. The presentation is very nice at times and is a step up over previous years. My comments were mainly to point out the pros and cons. I firmly believe the wipes and stat overlays and other elements really make this the best presentation we have had on this generation.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #10
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

After my first game I turned off the commentary but the vids between plays are a great touch.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 07-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #11
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Wow is all I can say. I am going into halftime with a 28-0 lead and expect to hear talks of a blow out in the making or maybe my accomplishments thus far.

What do I hear? Just talk of neither team having a turnover.. that's it.. that's all.... ..... Just amazing in 2013 that this is where we are and this passes for "improved presentation"..

When technology is no longer the issue PEOPLE are. In fact, technology stopped being the issue in 2005.....

EA has never been good at presentation and never will be.....

Last edited by Brian_OS; 07-07-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

it's the same, heavy handed and it slows down the flow of the game, i'm all for having it in there, but give me the option to turn it off. at least every other update doesn't have rece talk about the unthinkable happening
Old 07-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #13
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

A few years ago I'd accepted the fact that EA Sports games are meant to be played while listening to something else when playing vs the CPU; at least when playing vs friends you don't really listen to the commentary and such.

Although this doesn't bother me too much, this really is inexcusable at this point by this company. As someone mentioned in this thread, when technology isn't the problem, people are. That little sentence sums up this generation's football games perfectly.

I'm playing this on PS3, and 90% of the time my game fails to trigger the Post-Touchdown graphics swipes, player celebration cutscene, the replay of the TD, and the coach celebrating with scoring player cutscene; instead, the camera just follows the player back to the lifeless sidelines, ultimately just standing there and doing nothing. It'd be so nice for them to get rid of these cutscenes for next gen and just focus on the undisturbed rhythm of the actual game, with seamless transitioning between camera angles showing what's going on in the actual game.

Since it's transition to these current gen consoles, EA Football has had that "forced" feeling in it's graphics and presentation. That tiny pause when the play menu comes up makes you feel like you've been playing the same game 2x a year since 2006. Or the constant panning views of the stadiums during play selection, that isn't even smooth at all. Combine this with the tired commentary, bland menus, triggered events, etc, and it's no wonder the majority of sports gamers are ready for a totally different football game.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

For years I have felt that the audio advancements have not kept pace with the visuals. In fact, it may have regressed from where it was in NCAA '03 (which I thought was very good). As any horror movie director will tell you, audio is a huge part of the experience/atmosphere.

Of course when the CPU still can't make intelligent clock management decisions, we probably shouldn't expect the crowd to know when, and how hard to cheer.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Well I'm happy just played with mizzou our stadium feels more alive then it ever has.. Love hearing the miz zou chant.. Also if u turn crowd volume up to the Max it helps give it a more powerful feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #16

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
I love the parts with Reece and David pollack. Love the halftime show and the stat overlays are great as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »