Home

Coach mode impressions

This is a discussion on Coach mode impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Coach mode impressions

Can you turn off coaching carousel like you could in NCAA 13?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
One thing that isn't in coach mode that i know will definately bother some is that you can't switch players on D or Offense.Therefore you can't put anybody in motion manually or switch guys too hot route on D.Personally doesn't bother me.Also Art i have seen a coffin punt on play now,but not so far in dynasty.Also a exploit that was in last year is there again only worse....If you punt with Tight punt formation the recieving team has nobody back!For me though thats an easy fix don't call Tight punt.Seems small but for field position it can be big.Also i haven't tested at all using the gameplanning,if any of you have i'd be interested on any thoughts on there effect this year.I'll be testing them out soon though.Sorry to be so long winded.

Not sending someone in motion or hot routes don't bother me. Tight punt formation I never use, so I guess none of it will bother me. I never could see a reason for tight punt formation because they never block any punts.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Not sending someone in motion or hot routes don't bother me. Tight punt formation I never use, so I guess none of it will bother me. I never could see a reason for tight punt formation because they never block any punts.
You can still Hot route recievers just not anybody on defense other then the default selected player.It's good to know it doesn't bother you doesn't bother me much either
Warriors
Sharks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15
Can you use Coordinator Cam in Coach Mode?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
I don't think so i believe only Broadcast,i might be wrong
Warriors
Sharks
Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
Also a exploit that was in last year is there again only worse....If you punt with Tight punt formation the recieving team has nobody back!For me though thats an easy fix don't call Tight punt.Seems small but for field position it can be big.
Thanks for mentioning the issue with calling a Tight Punt. I never noticed this result when playing NCAA13, but I seldom called a Tight Punt. I will check it out in NCAA13 Coach Mode. I can find a use for this exploit. I would like to be able to call a Quick Kick, but there is no QK play in the game. Now, I'll try calling a Tight Punt when I want a Quick Kick on 3rd down - we'll see if the Defense has no one back. If there's no one back, I hope the exploit stays in the game - it will be a good simulation for a Quick Kick.

Not being able to call Hot Routes, etc. doesn't bother me. I don't think the coach makes those calls during a real game - please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #15
Pro

Thats a good idea Art i might try that on a 3rd down for a quick kick.
Warriors
Sharks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
If you want to play a "Coach Mode" type of game with the Coordinator Cam, try the following approach.

1. Set QB Auto Throw to ON.

2. Use Play Now game option.

3. Call plays and snap the ball, but do not control any players.

4. When a Punt/Kick or Punt/Kick Return is needed, use the "Watch Next Play" feature.

5. Use the "Watch Next Play" feature for any play you want to see in Broadcast Cam mode - otherwise return to normal control to have camera options.

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »