Home

NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide

This is a discussion on NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
So, wait...the CPU doesn't have to follow the same rules as we do for scheduling visits? If I remember correctly, you're required to have 50% or more interest AND be in their top 5. In that case, you should never run into a situation where you miss out on a visit as the lead school unless you don't schedule when it first becomes available. I guess if there was only one visit spot left and you got it at the same time as a CPU team, that makes sense from a rule standpoint. But then, how do teams ranked lower than you have a higher interest percentage? That doesn't make sense...

Of course, if the CPU can schedule whenever without any regard for the guidelines that the user has to meet, that's an issue.
If you and the CPU hit the 50% mark in the same week, the CPU will schedule their meeting once you get into the recruiting section.

Let's say it's week 8... 6 schools are right around 45% including yours. When you advance week, all 6 schools will hit the 50% interest mark. When you enter the recruiting section, the CPU will have their visits automatically filled out before you, EVEN if you were the lead school. Essentially, you get screwed out of a spot.

Same scenario, but let's say I hit the 50% mark in week 7, and the CPU schools get there in week 8, I get to choose my visit in week 7.

Even if it's not 6 schools (say 1 or 2 schools)... if you hit the 50% threshold of interest in the same week, they will setup their visit before you have a chance to... even if you're the #1 interest school.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeK35
I had something similar happen to me last night. I was recruiting a OT and it was basically Miami and FSU as the top 2 with everyone else about 1700 points behind. I was able to schedule my visit week 6 and felt like I would get him. Then after I simmed week 5, I found out that I was locked out. GT came up and leapfrogged me, so it was between them and FSU. I was able to unlock him, get back to number 1 after his visit. Only to have FSU jump me in week 10. Somehow UCF jumped everyone and he signed with them in week 13. It was crazy, UCF was nowhere to be found all year with this guy and somehow they come out and sign him. I was quite impressed and had a good laugh.
I had something similar happen when I was trying to recruit a RB. I played every game so I was able to keep up closer, but I was eventually locked out and I used one of my 5 to unlock it.

I was still a few hundred points behind and Michigan State was in the lead and they already had their visit (Which they won)

I played the later in the year so I scheduled him for that game. I won in a close battle and overtook the lead even after the season ended. During the one week offseason...I gave him a lot of points, but did not put as much as a I should have and lost him to central michigan :/ Very sad. Learned my lesson though.

--------------------------------------

In regards to the promises...do you have to be HC to do them -to ask them to stay and such? I am OC and have not been given the chance to give any.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

From what i've read it seems like recruiting is crazy this year. You never know where the kid is going to end up and it keeps you on pins and needles until the kid is in the bag.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
If you and the CPU hit the 50% mark in the same week, the CPU will schedule their meeting once you get into the recruiting section.

Let's say it's week 8... 6 schools are right around 45% including yours. When you advance week, all 6 schools will hit the 50% interest mark. When you enter the recruiting section, the CPU will have their visits automatically filled out before you, EVEN if you were the lead school. Essentially, you get screwed out of a spot.

Same scenario, but let's say I hit the 50% mark in week 7, and the CPU schools get there in week 8, I get to choose my visit in week 7.

Even if it's not 6 schools (say 1 or 2 schools)... if you hit the 50% threshold of interest in the same week, they will setup their visit before you have a chance to... even if you're the #1 interest school.
I've always felt the top schools should get a visit override if they wanted the same week as another school that the prospect has less interest in.

Last edited by dghustla; 07-08-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkjoey
I had something similar happen when I was trying to recruit a RB. I played every game so I was able to keep up closer, but I was eventually locked out and I used one of my 5 to unlock it.

I was still a few hundred points behind and Michigan State was in the lead and they already had their visit (Which they won)

I played the later in the year so I scheduled him for that game. I won in a close battle and overtook the lead even after the season ended. During the one week offseason...I gave him a lot of points, but did not put as much as a I should have and lost him to central michigan :/ Very sad. Learned my lesson though.

--------------------------------------

In regards to the promises...do you have to be HC to do them -to ask them to stay and such? I am OC and have not been given the chance to give any.
It would have been at the Players Leaving phase of Off Season. I didn't personally take any recruiters, but since they have control over all recruiting, I assume they would have that ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
It would have been at the Players Leaving phase of Off Season. I didn't personally take any recruiters, but since they have control over all recruiting, I assume they would have that ability.
Thank you. I will take a closer look next time. I looked at it, but did not look for any options for the players. Would have been useful last offseason...my fav tight end left :/

-----------

One thing I am seeing is making a new coach whether it be HC/OC/DC is that some players will downgrade you because of coaching stability. I am seeing it now with Michigan since I started a new OC.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

WOW... Thank you for this!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #24
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0

JLoco, you da man! Great write up. Everyone should take notes.
Few questions: You take about progression speed. Does the computer get the new coaching abilities, also? If so, is it off of xp points in their simed games? If so, can we play against the teams that are recruiting rivals, to drop their xp gains? Or even mess up visits, by kicking their backside during that game....
You talk about the computer has obvious advantages. If we can hinder them with loses, we might be able to take the advantages back....I know that makes for a more unrealistic "sim" season and would take more time, but just a thought.

Last edited by snyder5man; 07-08-2013 at 04:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »