Home

NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide

This is a discussion on NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #49
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA '14 First Year Recruiting & Skill Tree Guide

Great thread, very insightful and helpful. Thank you!

Quick Question: I seem to remember thinking I saw video or write-up proof during the build up to release that when you start as a coordinator and take a head coaching job your tree skills come with you. This seemed to be an excellent reason to begin playing as a coordinator, but I really don't know how this would work. The HC tree is different than the coordinator tree, and when you are an HC you have different coordinators. So how in the hell would your coordinator's skills come with you? I'm thinking I misread / watched that or it's total crap. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 07-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1919

Quick Question: I seem to remember thinking I saw video or write-up proof during the build up to release that when you start as a coordinator and take a head coaching job your tree skills come with you. This seemed to be an excellent reason to begin playing as a coordinator, but I really don't know how this would work. The HC tree is different than the coordinator tree, and when you are an HC you have different coordinators. So how in the hell would your coordinator's skills come with you? I'm thinking I misread / watched that or it's total crap. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Andrew
Your points come with you. If you earned 15 points as a coordinator, you take 15 points to your HC job... and can spread them around as you wish among the HC skill set.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1919

Thanks,
Andrew
You come over with your points / level - not your skills. so if you were a maxed LVL 27 OC, you could come in as a 27 HC and have 27 pts to spend.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #52
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the guide. I was having trouble, and decided to start my Dynasty over.
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #53
Just started!

Question (since I don't have posting privileges). I have a QB im recruiting who has a dealbreaker for playing style. He's a balanced QB, so what do I do to fix that. Does it have to do with how I'm playing in-game or my coaching philosophy? I was running with UGA's playbook which is a pro style offense. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #54
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
You come over with your points / level - not your skills. so if you were a maxed LVL 27 OC, you could come in as a 27 HC and have 27 pts to spend.
Did I do something wrong? I was the offensive Coordinator, then took a head coaching job and I was all arrogant I was like 6 levels ahead of everyone else (we all started as OC). Now I'm level 14 and zero skills, but takes me so much longer to level up now.

Follow up question, since I'm doing the same in another dynasty, can I just not spend points and have upgrades just sitting in limbo that way when I take a job I can spend them as a coach, don't wanna start from square one again!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
Good read. I wish that somehow this (above) was done differently... puts you behind the 8-ball.

In general, sounds like the CPU is much more aggressive in recruiting... wonder if that means there will be more "lonely recruits"
Alternatively there are a lot of players, particularly ATH that are fantastic 80+ players that the CPU doesn't go after at all. If you can get lucky, you can steal a bunch of impact skill players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #56
Rookie

I don't really understand what you mean here. Can you explain further? I'd like to make sure I watch for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »