Home

Defence is broken..

This is a discussion on Defence is broken.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #57
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Defence is broken..

I personally am excited the game is more challenging because it got old always winning 10 games or more every dynasty and always playing for the NC, but that's just me.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #58
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

You guys are taking what I said out of context. I'm not saying I'm awesome at NCAA football. I'm saying that if you're decent at the game, it's really hard for a human opponent to stop you.

The game isn't balanced between offense and defense and the defense needs serious work.

The option is over powered and certain passing routes are almost unarguable.

I'm a sim player. When you have better success stopping the run when you are in a 2-4 nickle package or quarters then there is an issue.

Also, hot routing a bunch of guys on your defense after you call a base play or dropping 11 in zone isn't realistic either.

You can do gimicky things on defense to slow down the opponent but when you play someone that is decent to good at the game, it's going to be a very high scoring game.

Maybe people like this type of high scoring affairs in a video game. For me, defense isn't that much fun.

Someone said I need to get better and don't know what I'm doing. I'm assuming you're probably younger and may not know any better but I have been playing this series for a very long time and have purchased every installment since 2002. I attend game regularly and played a little back in the day, although not a very high level.

There are some good things about the game but imo, defense isn't one of them.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-08-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2
The game isn't more difficult because of the defensive stinking. It's just a worse game. I really hope they focus on a few issues. Out routes, curl routes, and the fall forwarding of all QBs and RBs. Take those down 90% and it could be a good game.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 4

IMO, the defense is good like it is. You really have to be on your toes. This is much better then being able to stop everything at will.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #61
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
IMO, the defense is good like it is. You really have to be on your toes. This is much better then being able to stop everything at will.
Are you playing online or against the computer?

Like I've stated before, I'm a sim player and prefer to run the ball but anytime I need to get a first down, it is super easy to pick it with a passing play.

Also, when I play online, the teams are evenly matched so that's not the issue. I would expect Oregon to run all over New Mexico or someone but I would expect Alabama to be able to slow down a team like Florida.

The offense just seems a lot faster and the defensive players don't seem to react like they should.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #62
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
The game isn't balanced between offense and defense and the defense needs serious work.
Not trying to pick a fight here, but have you watched real college football lately? I wouldn't exactly call the real world of college football balanced between the offense and defense. As a fan of a Big 12 team, I'd think you'd have plenty of first-hand knowledge of this. In real college football, it seems at times like there are many, many offenses that are damn near unstoppable. I have no problem with an offensively-slanted game, since that's what we see on Saturdays. Sure, it's hard to play lockdown D, but the real world of college football is increasingly becoming a hold the ball last, wide-open, outgun everyone sport. I have no problem adapting to a video game that accurately portrays that.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #63
Banned

I only play offline and am also a sim player but to be honest am a bit quirky. I let coach pick my offensive plays so I am not tempted to find and use any money plays that are almost always there but call my defense. I am also using a custom version of chief rockems sliders. Finally, I may have been playing football games since waaaaay back in the day but my stick skills are not good. I don't manually catch.

All these things taken into consideration, I am having mostly defensive games right now. I am only playing "play now" until I get the retail tomorrow so have been using bad teams and good teams but always semi even teams.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Not trying to pick a fight here, but have you watched real college football lately? I wouldn't exactly call the real world of college football balanced between the offense and defense. As a fan of a Big 12 team, I'd think you'd have plenty of first-hand knowledge of this. In real college football, it seems at times like there are many, many offenses that are damn near unstoppable. I have no problem with an offensively-slanted game, since that's what we see on Saturdays. Sure, it's hard to play lockdown D, but the real world of college football is increasingly becoming a hold the ball last, wide-open, outgun everyone sport. I have no problem adapting to a video game that accurately portrays that.
Alabama (and SEC schools in general) have a problem with this post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »