Home

NCAA 14 Best schools for rebuilding?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Best schools for rebuilding? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 Best schools for rebuilding?

I've recently came about with this game again, and wanted to have some fun with it! I have decided or narrowed down the teams I want to or try to play with. Arizona State, BYU, Washington State, USC, New Mexico, or Iowa State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloy814
Penn State could be a good one if you follow the real life sanctions
I took over Penn State a couple years into my dynasty after I went undefeated at San Diego State. It wasn't as much to rebuild into a contender as it was to build a dominant school, but I enjoyed the idea of bringing this shamed program back to prominence.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #27
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccodycash
Besides Georgia St if you are looking for terrible programs to build up try Idaho (Kibbie Dome is TINY) or UMASS (has a nice stadium) or for rebuilding I like Minnesota or Indiana
THIS!!! ^^^ Idaho and UMass are both terrible! The Kibbie Dome holds a mere 16,000. I built them up in '12 and had a lot of fun there. Haven't tried UMass yet, but with their alternate black helmets and all black uniforms, they could be a blast, plus you'll have at least one or more snow games each year!

Old 06-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #28
Rookie

It's funny how many people are similar to me in that the uniforms of their team are very important. It gets bland when you play a number of years with the same look every game, so it better be a good look or at least have some variety. For me, stadium is also important. When I took my first HC job after 5-6 as OC, I went to San Diego State not realizing that they played in a pro stadium (boring). I could only last a single season before I had to find something more colorful.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:43 AM   #29
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
THIS!!! ^^^ Idaho and UMass are both terrible! The Kibbie Dome holds a mere 16,000. I built them up in '12 and had a lot of fun there. Haven't tried UMass yet, but with their alternate black helmets and all black uniforms, they could be a blast, plus you'll have at least one or more snow games each year!
Completely agree on UMASS and Idaho. I've done a bit of both. My issue with UMASS though is even if you have great success and pack their stadium according to the stadium atmosphere grade, in game it still appears to be half empty. Kind of turned me off to it because it ruined the atmosphere a bit since I was technically supposed to have 60000+ in the stadium

I'm currently an OC at Idaho in my offline dynasty. I've been having fun with it and am hoping to win the Sun Belt this season finally (3rd season with them. 4th season overall in the dynasty). I like the Dome based on the fact that I don't ever have to worry about weather and it's an interesting change of scenery instead of the usual outdoor stadiums. I had every intention on leaving after this 3rd season but now I am really wanting to come back for the 4th. There are only 9 seniors leaving and some of them aren't even starters. My entire defense would be coming back so I can only expect that my defense will build on whatever success they will have this year. I have an awesome 2 back system that will return and almost my whole oline is coming back. My only concern was that I'm losing my QB and the guy taking over is a pocket passer and I usually like a little mobility in my QB. But I actually already benched my starter because he has been making terrible throws and the backup has done fairly well, so unless I get a really good job offer I think I'm going to come back for a 4th season
Old 06-16-2014, 01:02 AM   #30
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

I just started playing as Ohio and it's been pretty fun. First year there you have a ton of talent at the skill positions, but they are all seniors. So you will need to recruit really well and prepare for the attrition to maintain your success. I've had fun with them so far.

Also, I agree with everyone else; Idaho and UMass are TERRIBLE
Old 06-16-2014, 02:20 AM   #31
Banned

Rutgers - awesome stadium and uniforms.
USF - recruiting in Florida can be a challenge due to the bigger schools in the state and SEC teams "stealing" the good Florida players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #32
Rookie

Im rebuilding the Kansas Jayhawks right now

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »