Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #25
Rookie

tigerfan2's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

I have actually had a lot of success with the speed and quick options. I have, so far, only had issues with the speed sweep not handing off the ball.

I'm loving this offense.

As far as what formations to run when, besides what was said about about the safety, I like to take in account the field and run to the weak side while putting the extra blockers out on the strong side against a user. This will usually catch them off guard a few times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #26
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

On a trap option, who is the read for the B-back. In the play art it just shows who you the pitch man is. And looking at an instant replay, all the defensive lineman are getting blocked.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #27
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
My issues so far with the flexbone.

I'm playing on AA difficulty, normal game speed (which eliminates the RB's being bogged down when taking pitches/tosses for a couple steps).

Firstly, with triple option plays, the DE you are reading almost never takes the QB. He almost ALWAYS takes the FB, so the FB only gets maybe 1-2 carries a game in my experience.

Secondly, on non-triple option plays (speed option, quick option), it's nearly impossible to have enough time to tell who the DE takes to read the pitch correctly. Your QB is on top of him almost instantly and my "read" is to pitch while my QB is being wrapped up, basically.
This. All of this. David Sims is Tech's best rusher but he only gets about 3 carries for 5 to 30 yards a game for me. I've scrapped the speed option which is unfortunate.

What's everyone's thought on the toss? (WB Toss) most I've ever gotten was a first down once or twice. It's much better than last year but still needs work. This is Tech's bread and butter other than the regular TO but it isn't good enough to use consistently.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:41 AM   #28
Rookie

tigerfan2's Arena

I was just playing army-air force and ran the toss 3 times and got 5,8, and 22 yards with it. I still think they don't toss it out far enough but I've been having luck with it.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #29
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
What do you guys do if you get stuck in a 3rd and long?

Also, I have been experimenting with going no huddle if I like the match ups. Not hurry up though, I take my time. Anybody have any thoughts on whether this is useful?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #30
Rookie

tigerfan2's Arena

Third and long it's either triple, draw, or flood typically. I tend to play aggressive when I run the flex so if I can get under 4th and 5 I'm likely to go for it if the field position is decent.

I also, will run the hurry up with it as well. I find it useful, especially against a user since they tend to get caught up with the motion.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #31
Rookie

OregonianTexan's Arena

OVR: 1

I just recently started using this offense out of a custom PB in my Teambuilder dynasty (it's accompanied by the Wingbone as well). It's been really successful since I started using this, more successful than when I started out using the No Huddle Spread Zone Read offense.
However, I have had the problem previously mentioned to where the end never stays home for the QB and always closes on the B-Back. This results in my B-Back averaging maybe 10 carries a game, while my QB ends up with around 23, the B-Back getting around 40-50 yards a game compared to the QB's 130-160 (he's like a faster Tim Tebow).
The lead rushers usually go in this order: QB, A-Back, B-Back, Z-Back. I don't think it's supposed to be that way, at least all of the time, lol.

Besides complaints, I've found the no-huddle to be a great compliment with this offense. As long as you can keep your focus on proper reads and calling audibles when appropriate, it can be demoralizing to the opponent constantly being gashed.
And I do agree with what has been stated before, the Midline Iso is fantastic. My QB is a bruiser, and mixed with his speed, I can gain some serious yards on this play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #32
Rookie

JayHimself's Arena

OVR: 0

i've had past success in NCAA with the sweeps in these formations.

Jay Himself Youtube Page

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »