Home

Anyone else having trouble with the Read-Option?

This is a discussion on Anyone else having trouble with the Read-Option? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else having trouble with the Read-Option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_law23
It's pretty balanced for me as well, maybe 60/40 towards the HB. The only issue I have is when the HB is running a dive type play from behind the QB I have a hard time trying to figure out who the DE is crashing to. It looks like he could be coming after both of us.

I'm using OSU's at the moment.
Yes,It's pretty balanced for me as well
Old 07-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i figured this out yesterday after days of frustration. I do know that on Varsity the read man will take dive 100% of time on triple options out of any formation except Flex close. on all american it works perfect, with the de playing the qb at a 40-45% clip. i played 11 quarters on my Army dyansty and didnt see the read man take the qb once after seeing all the time in practice. idk what its doing on heisman with this. havent tested it. but on varsity it 100% broke. on allamerican i messed iwth sliders and threshold and it still worked so its something in the levels. no this is in dyansty, it worked proper in practice on varsity. idk how it works in play now or season play.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #11
Rookie

OregonianTexan's Arena

OVR: 1

(Sorry to bring up a fairly old thread)

I'm also having trouble with it. I run with Oregon, and, in real life, they run the read option 95% of the time. But I'm having to run lots of traps, dives, and counters (ie Designed HB runs) just to give my backs some carries. If I don't, Marcus Mariota ends up with 20-25 carries per game.
It annoys me because they really put in a lot of reads with moving linemen this year, but they don't matter, because the QB is gonna get it anyway.
I also know that this problem happens with the Flexbone/Wingbone offenses as well, with the DE always crashing. So the FB, which in real life gets the bulk of the carries, will end the game with around 9-10.
I'm not sure if there's a way to change this with sliders or difficulty, but it kinda ruins the Zone Read offense for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »