Home

Option game overpowered? Maybe not....

This is a discussion on Option game overpowered? Maybe not.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Option game overpowered? Maybe not....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzydd
Is this real life? Total yards is the dumbest possible way to view how effective a rush attack is, yards per attempt is much more revealing. Furthermore, if you're playing online you're probably not getting 65-75 plays per game.
Teams sorted by Total Rushing Yards but the stat shown is Yards/Rushing Attempt.

Army 5.5
Air Force 5.1
Oregon 6.0
Georgia Tech 5.4
New Mexico 5.7
Navy 5.2
Nevada 5.2
Nebraska 5.4
Tulsa 5.0
Ohio State 5.2

Teams 11-20

TAMU 5.9
NIU 5.4
Wisconsin 5.2
Baylor 5.0
Arizona 5.4
Alabama 5.6
LaTech 5.2
Kent State 5.4
Northwestern 4.9
San Diego State 5.0

There you go sir. Is that better? All of the top 20 rushing teams have 5.0 yards per rush besides Northwestern, which has 4.9 yards/rush

Last edited by lere2001; 07-12-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Exactly, you CAN stop it, but, if the opposing team has a strong passing game, you're in for a tough task.

But then there are teams like Oregon, GTech who run it so well, it's nearly impossible to stop no matter what you do. In the case of GTech though, they don't have a strong passing attack, so when a defense finally does shut down their option, there's a big chance they could lose the game.

There's a reason Oregon is a powerhouse, their read option plays are the best in the nation, almost impossible to even contain, plus, when need be, they can pass the ball. It's hard as hell to beat a team like this in real life, and it's hard as hell to beat a team like this in the game.

I'm praying EA doesn't nerf the option game because people find it too difficult. If you lose because you're getting gashed than so be it, that's how coaches in real life feel all the time. Hopeless..
Oregon on Heisman default is the toughest challenge IMO. The only way that I was able to beat them in the demo with A&M was by keeping them off the field and retaining the momentum which, IMO is well done in the game. Yeah Oregon was able to get their share of big plays, but I was able to control the game somewhat.

Oregon's point totals last year:
57, 42, 63, 49, 51, 52, 43, 70, 62, 58, 14(Stanford), 48, 35
Old 07-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Most informed people about the game of College Football knows the option, if run correctly, is pretty much unstoppable. People on her overreact an insane amount because they think stopping the option should be easy when going up against Oregon, GTech, Etc. It's not easy to stop, and the game is VERY accurate in that department. So all these slider gurus out here trying to nerf the option and the run game, are really just doing TOO much.
Amen. When people can't stop the option the first day they get the game, they say defense is broken. Stopping the spread option is hard, even when you master the defensive scheme. This game reflects that.

Last edited by BrockOchoGOAT; 07-12-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

For online play I think the option game is fine. I'm playing defense to desperately stop the pass and even with that I haven't had anyone run it against me and it felt op.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »