Home

DB BALL HAWK feature!

This is a discussion on DB BALL HAWK feature! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2
DB BALL HAWK feature!

I have no problem using this feature in the tutorial but when I try to use it in actual dynasty games, it doesn't work. Every time I hit Y (xbox), the DB stops moving and just stands there. EVERY TIME! The few picks I have had, it usually is a result of the game changing me to the next closest player not the CLOSEST player and the computer then makes a pick.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I have been playing on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: DB BALL HAWK feature!

I struggled with it... and stopped attempting that skill.

I would make the switch to the player, but let the CPU stay in control of the player until the last second where I could press the button for an interception.

It worked better than trying to take control of the DB manually.

The issue I always had was that while I started the play with a different position player, the switch always messed me up. So from the start of the play, I wouldn't move my selected player.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

ball hawk feature doesn't work on Heisman, no defensive assist features work on Heisman, but if ur playing any other difficulty u r supposed to hold y not just press it.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I gave up on it when I got burned twice on ranked game online.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Yea, I got caught trying to press the Y button as well for a while in Madden a couple years ago until someone told me you need to hold it. If you take control of a DB, you need to hold down Y while you run to the spot and then at the appropriate time, the DB will jump on his own while you are holding the Y button down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezyslim
ball hawk feature doesn't work on Heisman, no defensive assist features work on Heisman, but if ur playing any other difficulty u r supposed to hold y not just press it.
It works for me and I play on heisman. What rarely works though is the swat button which sucks because I love coming in and swatting a pass down.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamElliot
It works for me and I play on heisman. What rarely works though is the swat button which sucks because I love coming in and swatting a pass down.
really? i was just searching for this because it seems like ballhawk doesn't work. In fact, I haven't seen it work once playing on Heisman yet. And I know ballhawk when I see it because it works on Heisman in NCAA 13. now, it seems like pressing/holding Y does nothing when ball is in the air. Even if it was a player that I controlled manually the whole way through. Which is very frustrating now because I'm giving up silly underthrown bombs because my DB is running ahead of the WR and I can't manually get the guy in position without precise timing which is really hard at real time speed. =/
Old 07-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah my DB ignores that I press Y. It gets very irritating after awhile, hell it cost me the PAC-12 championship.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »