Home

Miami WR defies laws of physics and motion [VIDEO]

This is a discussion on Miami WR defies laws of physics and motion [VIDEO] within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #41
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Miami WR defies laws of physics and motion [VIDEO]

Yeah, this is not cheese. The animation is not exactly what EA was trying to convey but this is similar to that Calvin Johnson play above me. He is not diving in the other direction. I think EA was going for the animation where a receiver is going one way yet the ball is behind him and he slips extending himself. It looks a little off but looks fine to me.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785
Lol thats awful if he was jogging one way yeah in real life I can see the change in direction to make the catch. But no way in hell if a person is running full speed one direction can make a diving catch the other way without stopping planting there feet and dive. That's BS right there other folks can try to defend it but you got rob. Your CB was playing great defense

Hey but you have to take the L in move on with it nice video to share with us. I have seen a lot worst though when it comes to catching the ball in Madden 13 and NCAA 14.

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4

The CB's position and where the ball was thrown is what makes this play realistic... the QB put it where only his WR could get to it and the CB couldn't do anything about it...

/thread

psn - CeeGee
Old 07-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #43
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Out of all the goofy things seen because of the infinity engine, this is not one of them.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #44
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizeblue13
Yea but I bet you had to stop first before diving backwards
the player doesn't dive backwards. he slides while reaching backwards to to make the catch.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785
Lol thats awful if he was jogging one way yeah in real life I can see the change in direction to make the catch. But no way in hell if a person is running full speed one direction can make a diving catch the other way without stopping planting there feet and dive. That's BS right there other folks can try to defend it but you got rob. Your CB was playing great defense

Hey but you have to take the L in move on with it nice video to share with us. I have seen a lot worst though when it comes to catching the ball in Madden 13 and NCAA 14.

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4
It's funny how you call it BS, yet these animations were mo-capped. That means an actual person had to do it.

Second, imagine yourself sitting in a chair, and you lean your body backwards. Naturally, your legs will go in the other direction. That is the same thing that happened in the video. If you run full speed, and suddenly jerk your body backwards, your legs will most-likely come from under you.

But let me guess, you probably think you have to plant both your feet to dive forward too, don't you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 1

Had something similar just happen to me, but I user'd him instead. If I hadn't user'd him, he wouldn't have tried to catch it. Was amazing to see. Quite realistic considering I attempted the catch at the very last second. Sorry for the quality.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/160673828
Old 07-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #47
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizeblue13
Yea but I bet you had to stop first before diving backwards
His feet kept moving forward so he didn't actually "dive" ... although he slowed down in an unrealistic way. What can you do though, it's a video game and animations are going to look odd sometimes to sync up the proper results.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not seeing the dive? he stops and REACHES behind him. That is a reach and I have seen those catches in real life. I had one of those in my game the other day and I thought it was pretty cool. It's better than him ignoring the ball right beside his head behind him. That would piss me off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »