Home

Lack of fumbles

This is a discussion on Lack of fumbles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #73
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
I am now up to 19 games, 8 min quarters and still have seen NO fumbles other than by QBs or on botched option pitches. Zero fumbles by HBs. I have had 3 fumbles by HBs that were overturned after review. I did change the facemask slider down to 0 and I am using the default rosters. It really sucks because if you get to a point in a game where either you or the CPU is grinding out the clock trying to hammer out a win, you know there is no way there is gonna be a fumble. Takes away a lot of suspense. I really hate it. Otherwise I am really pretty happy with the gameplay. I am still on my early release practice Dynasty because there is no point in starting the real one until this is fixed.

I guess my next game I will delete the tuner update and see if that helps. Anyone try that yet?
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #74
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1842msu
I seriously doubt that it's the rosters named or not. But who knows at this point.

For next year and the next gen consoles, I think EA should have slider sets for each and every individual attribute. That way we can tweak EVERYBODY'S attributes at once without having to go into rosters and editing each player.

So the sliders would look like this:

QB arm strength, QB accuracy, QB sack avoidance, QB fumble, etc
RB carry, RB fumbles, RB break tackle, RB catch, RB speed, etc
WR speed, WR catch, WR fumble, etc,
OL run block, OL pass block, OL holding, etc

DE awareness, DE run stop, DE pass rush, DE INT, DE pass breakup, etc
DT awareness, DT run stop, DT pass rush, DT INT, DT pass breakup, etc,
LB awareness, run stop, pass rush, INT, pass breakup, tackling, etc,
CB awareness, run stop, pass rush, tackling, etc, etc, etc
Safeties awareness, run play reaction, tackling, INT's etc.

If we could have sliders for every position on the field instead of just one slider for tackling and another for interceptions, that would be awesome!
Because as it is, linebackers are way too good at INT's regardless of where you put the interception slider. And it would be nice to lower CB tackling ability without it also affecting the D-line.
I like this idea in theory. But that's a lot of information to sift through. They may parlay a few of those into one and make the idea work. Fumbling and catching ability could be one shared attribute. If your player has good hands they would fumble less and probably drop fewer passes. Things like that.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #75
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxshut
I was reading through the slider section and there is a post regarding the impact of penalty sliders on gameplay. The theory is that they don't simply cause more or fewer penalties they actually trigger or do not trigger certain animations. One person noted that lowering the facemask slider lead to more fumbles. I haven't had the chance to play with this but it may be worth a try.
The problem I have with that is I get horse collar tackled a lot. There isn't a horse collar slider so I've adjusted my facemask slider to try and compensate for the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Seen several, about 5 in 9 games. Just fumbled against UAB as UTEP in my dynasty with my impact QB to lose the game. No issues.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #77
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Just had a guy in our OD have James White (Wisconsin HB) fumble. I have also fumbled with my HB. We are like 2-3 games into the OD.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

In real life, There are an average of 1.6 fumbles per team per game. So 3.2 fumbles per game on average. 1.7 lost per game.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2012/Intern...end_conf_2.pdf

The amount of fumbles in this game is near non-existant and way too low.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #79
Rookie

RVallee's Arena

OVR: 6

Have played 3 games in our OD and have seen 4 fumbles so far. One by HB, two by QB, and one on a WR Screen, which my CB jumped and dropped the pick but was picked up by my LB, ruled a backwards pass.

One or two fumbles a game is perfect IMO..three or four a game and it becomes "arcade-y", I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/rva11ee
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #80
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

I have no idea how people are seeing fumbles. The only one's I've seen are botched pitches or overturned plays. I think I read something somewhere that a very low tackle slider actually increases fumbles but I haven't tested that yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »