Home

Main Reasons a College Athlete Might Get Suspended/Released?

This is a discussion on Main Reasons a College Athlete Might Get Suspended/Released? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Main Reasons a College Athlete Might Get Suspended/Released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
Timeetyo, this is excellent. Thank you very much for the pointer. I will be using your violation idea as well as the gem/bust idea, they are both excellent and easy to implement.

The excel sheets are also very usable and exactly what I'm looking for. Total credit to you and the others that put it together!
The problem you are going to run into is the same one I did. I took Timeetyo's violations system that cut players in the off-season and implemented I a cool system that would suspend a player from 1-6 week and even get him cut. The problem is there is no way to "suspend" him. I originally planned to lower his ratings for that time so he dropped down the depth chart. Problem is even when they dropped to a 40 overall the CPU still started and played them the whole game.

the next idea was to lower their stamina to 0 or 1 so they never saw the field. I tried this over the course of 6 weeks and it never impacted QB's and had a very minimal impact on the other players.

There is a way to edit the CPU depth charts but you need to create a new coach, take the team over, and make the changes. The downside is this wipes out all of the coaches skill points. So if someone on Alabama was suspended and you created a new coach they lose Saban and everything he has built.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytay10
The problem you are going to run into is the same one I did. I took Timeetyo's violations system that cut players in the off-season and implemented I a cool system that would suspend a player from 1-6 week and even get him cut. The problem is there is no way to "suspend" him. I originally planned to lower his ratings for that time so he dropped down the depth chart. Problem is even when they dropped to a 40 overall the CPU still started and played them the whole game.

the next idea was to lower their stamina to 0 or 1 so they never saw the field. I tried this over the course of 6 weeks and it never impacted QB's and had a very minimal impact on the other players.

There is a way to edit the CPU depth charts but you need to create a new coach, take the team over, and make the changes. The downside is this wipes out all of the coaches skill points. So if someone on Alabama was suspended and you created a new coach they lose Saban and everything he has built.
Yeah, this is why I go with a heavy handed NCAA mentality - you mess up - career over. /oops

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Yeah, this is why I go with a heavy handed NCAA mentality - you mess up - career over. /oops
I have resorted to your original idea like that too. Crossing my fingers something in the patch will allow a "suspension" system, buuuuuttttttt not holding my breathe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0

I am also leaning towards the cut and not suspend tactic. Edit the player(s) affected so they are down to a pretty low overall. Based on the suggestions in your other thread about promotion relegations, the best time to do these edited changes are either straight after the final bowl game, or after the last pre season game before you roll it over to week 1.

Correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »