Home

MrSerendipity's Conference Realignment (Help?)

This is a discussion on MrSerendipity's Conference Realignment (Help?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
MrSerendipity's Conference Realignment (Help?)

So I decided this year that I wanted to have one dynasty in which I really changed things up after the first year. While some conferences aren't hit as much by the changes, others are changed drastically. I'm sure some will hate it, depending on your Favorite team. I really like where it's at right now but I'm open to some suggestions on how it could be made better. Also, I believe there are 126 teams in NCAA 14, so I must be missing one as I'm at 125 in my realignment list. Can anyone tell who I'm missing? Hopefully it won't completely screw up my Conferences. I really wanted all of the Conferences outside of the Independents to be even. But as of right now, I have 11 teams in the American and I'd like to get it down to 10. If nothing else, I could always move Air Force back in to a Conference but I really wanted the Military Schools all to be Independent.

Last edited by MrSerendipity; 07-16-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: kj121 identified the missing team. Updating picture and question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MrSerendipity's Conference Realignment (Help?)

You are missing UTSA
Old 07-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj121
You are missing UTSA
Given that I'm from Texas, I should be ashamed of myself. Thanks for catching that, I was racking my brain over it all morning. So now I'll either have an uneven conference (AMERICAN) or I'll have to move a fourth team over to an Independent.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

Illinois makes no sense in the MWC for the sheer fact of the time zone issues
Old 07-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1986
Illinois makes no sense in the MWC for the sheer fact of the time zone issues
That's a good point. I'm thinking I'm going to have to shake things up quite a bit if I want the Alignment the way I want it while still holding true to Time Zone necessities. I need to move Illinois, fill the spot in the MWC, knock American back down to 10 teams and some other random necessary changes that I find after making those changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Just started!

I am not a big fan of what you have done to the Big 12. Texas and OU just feel awkward to me in the Big 10. I like Building up the Big 12. I usually just add BYU, Boise, Houston and have a south/north conference layout with a predominantly Texas based south conference.

Hey but to each their own man! that is the fun of being able to customize conferences
Old 07-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

Just what are your criteria with who's in what conference? BYU being in the Big Ten while Ohio's in the MWC makes absolutely no sense, for instance.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybigdrum
I am not a big fan of what you have done to the Big 12. Texas and OU just feel awkward to me in the Big 10. I like Building up the Big 12. I usually just add BYU, Boise, Houston and have a south/north conference layout with a predominantly Texas based south conference.

Hey but to each their own man! that is the fun of being able to customize conferences
That's understandable, given they've been Big 12 for so long. And considering they're both more or less considered THE schools in the Big 12, it'd be hard to see them elsewhere. But I was ready for Texas to take a step up as far as challenge goes. And I wanted to solidify the SEC, BIG 10 and PAC-12 as the three Power Conferences. I didn't want to leave Oklahoma behind, so I made the decision to move them up as well. Texas A&M was something I questioned but ultimately decided I'd like to see renewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaKnights
Just what are your criteria with who's in what conference? BYU being in the Big Ten while Ohio's in the MWC makes absolutely no sense, for instance.
Well, I wouldn't expect any genius formula to what I've done. Like I said, this was my first attempt. It was more about moving Texas and OU out of the Big 12 and into a strong conference not named the SEC. When I did that, I decided I wanted to give the entire NCAA a pretty large facelift. I wanted teams to be in a geographically reasonable conference but I clearly didn't succeed in every instance. I decided to move BYU into the Big Ten because I felt like with that kind of conference, they'd easily develop into one of the stronger teams in the country. I moved Ohio from the MAC to the MWC for no other reason than I wanted to even up the conferences and give Ohio a bit of a promotion. I wouldn't say I really "tiered" my realignment but you can definitely tell which conferences are on top (Eg. SEC and Big Ten), which are on the verge (Eg. Big 12) and which are on the bottom (Sun Belt and MAC).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »