Home

Defense Online is Not Playable

This is a discussion on Defense Online is Not Playable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Defense Online is Not Playable

I've ran with at least 20 different teams online man and zone defense is Garbage I've played 3-4 4-3 nickel dime you name it only way you win because of Turnovers every QB throws for 300 plus yards and is 20-22 it's Horrible they made a stupid 8 year old Arcade style of game every game online is in the 40s Don't waste your money on this Crap and Many Hours Online It takes NO SKILL to win Online Hopefully MADDEN isn't Like This
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Defense Online is Not Playable

Or maybe you just aren't good? Or you don't understand how to call a game on d?

No offense, but i've had no issue stopping people online. I've played about 15 games and i've only had one game where both scored in the thirties. In fact most of my games have been in the teens.

Try mixing up formation sets, showing blitzes, shifting your line and linebackers ,and mixing up your coverage schemes.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I agree. The only time I give up alot points is when I turn the ball over giving my opponents short field to work with. You gotta adjust to what your opponents is doing..
Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
Rookie

I will drop 30 on you guys the D is broken
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Lol. Not this again. The defense is tough yes, but it is no where near "not playable". The last guy to post here saying no one could stop him online only had 21 points when i played him and 1 of those touchdowns from a kick return.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Lol. Not this again. The defense is tough yes, but it is no where near "not playable". The last guy to post here saying no one could stop him online only had 21 points when i played him and 1 of those touchdowns from a kick return.
Yeah what's up with all the personal challenges this year?

That seems new to me. It's like street basketball around here lol

Yo, Imma put 70 on you bro! D is broke as a joke!

I actually got shut out last night in UT. Pretty embarrassing

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
Pro

MakePlaysOrDie's Arena

OVR: 10

Defense isn't broken or unplayable at all. I'm 5-0 online and the most points I've given up in a game is 20. The only thing that takes some getting used to is the quick turnaround after an int on defense.

Just practice and control various players, you'll get the hang of it.

PS4- xXB-TomahawkChop
Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Defense is totally broken. Maybe you are getting the hang of it online vs human opponents, but offline the D is broken.

Even with 90 on pass coverage for Human my DBs and safeties cannot cover. QBs always know exactly who to throw to, whether they play for Bama or Lamar, and, amazingly, even if the DB manages to get himself in the hip pocket of WR (which happens about 5% of the time), the DB will never swat the pass or go for the pick. Oddly enough, the human CPU is much worse than the computer CPU, as I did load up a few games against bama and their DBs would swat down some balls. However, when I switched controls and played as bama, the CPU suddently fell apart. I would leave the stick alone and the FCS team would throw up field with ease.

I bet the only reason you are claiming D is not broken online is because you are being incredibly gamey on D. Making 7 player audibles before snap, probably playing with very few DL. That's great you rock at the game but lets not forget CPU vs. CPU the game engine is broken on D. Congrats on having great stick skill and being very good at this video game, but that doesn't excuse the issues here.. D is broken.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »