Home

Last game? Playoff option patch?

This is a discussion on Last game? Playoff option patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Last game? Playoff option patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
the news is enough to prompt me another copy, and a madden pre-order.

i blame the direction our poor country is heading quite frankly.

sheer fallout of greed and self-entitlement.
Yes because conferences should have no say over how their IP is used and licensed.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #26
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Yes because conferences should have no say over how their IP is used and licensed.
No, i said this is all fallout. It didnt start with the conferences now did it? It didnt start with the ncaa now did it?

Like i said, fallout.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #27
Rookie

I'm kinda looking forward to a generic game. I remember when no player or no uniform deal was bigger than the team. I want to be reminded that the game is about 22 players between the lines and not an NFL lite, if they keep schematics up to date each year as far as offenses go I will be happy.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There will be a game next year. This isnt going to happen.
PAC 12 out as well, but keep whistling pass the graveyard , I would rather them patch 14 with everything they can while they still have the crew together, especially the playoff option....but knowing EA they won't do anything
Old 08-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #29
Pro

superxero27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
No, i said this is all fallout. It didnt start with the conferences now did it? It didnt start with the ncaa now did it?

Like i said, fallout.
"Greed" and "self-entitlement" are buzzwords that really tell us nothing.

Everyone involved the NCAA and college athletics are greedy to some extent. The players want to eventually utilize their skills for financial gain, the institutions want to use those skills for their own financial gain, while at the same time ensuring that student-athletes are not compensated for their own financial gain. Which is a different standard than what is being applied to students at large; an aspiring science major can work in a research lab for the university (and thus use their science skills/knowledge to benefit the university academically) and there's no problem with them getting paid.

"Self-entitlement" is also an essentially meaningless word; it seems to only be used in contexts when a lesser group (in this case student-athletes) wants to have access to something that other groups have access to; that term should logically apply just as well to the dominant group as that group feels "self-entitled" that they deserve access, but others do not.

The only "self-entitlement" I see coming out of this larger issue is coming from people who think so highly of themselves that they are the arbitor of what a student-athlete can and cannot do regarding their likeness.

Care to explain what you mean by your "sky is falling" statement?

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

In hindsight, the reasoning of not putting it in because they didn't know exactly how it would be structured should have been tossed out the window. With the franchise in danger of becoming extinct or possibly transforming into a low selling, albeit fully customizable mod, any form of a playoff in what could be the last authentic NCAA football game would have been nice. I really hope some playoff option can and will be patched in. Slightly hopeful...as I doubt it will happen.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #31
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
"Greed" and "self-entitlement" are buzzwords that really tell us nothing.

Everyone involved the NCAA and college athletics are greedy to some extent. The players want to eventually utilize their skills for financial gain, the institutions want to use those skills for their own financial gain, while at the same time ensuring that student-athletes are not compensated for their own financial gain. Which is a different standard than what is being applied to students at large; an aspiring science major can work in a research lab for the university (and thus use their science skills/knowledge to benefit the university academically) and there's no problem with them getting paid.

"Self-entitlement" is also an essentially meaningless word; it seems to only be used in contexts when a lesser group (in this case student-athletes) wants to have access to something that other groups have access to; that term should logically apply just as well to the dominant group as that group feels "self-entitled" that they deserve access, but others do not.

The only "self-entitlement" I see coming out of this larger issue is coming from people who think so highly of themselves that they are the arbitor of what a student-athlete can and cannot do regarding their likeness.

Care to explain what you mean by your "sky is falling" statement?
Where did i say anything about a falling sky?

Anyhow, im the proud papa of 2 ncaa 14 copies, and 1 madden preorder mind you.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #32
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

EA better come out with one heck of a patch being that this very well could be the last edition for several years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »