Home

Is there a patch coming soon?

This is a discussion on Is there a patch coming soon? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #17
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is there a patch coming soon?

Actually EA has had a track record of leaving customers high and dry. NCAA Basketball 10 needed to be patched and they totally abandon everyone. It was on the 360 dynasty mode would freeze all the time and you could never get past it. They scraped the whole project and never heard a word from again after they promised one. So it wouldn't surprise me at this point they already have everyone's cash and the same glaring issues still exist just like last years,so nothing would surprise me at this point from this company.

Playing:
Old 07-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
They need to fix the Pancakes. For some reason they're not recorded for the USER. How are my linemen suppose to win any awards?!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #19
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Actually EA has had a track record of leaving customers high and dry. NCAA Basketball 10 needed to be patched and they totally abandon everyone. It was on the 360 dynasty mode would freeze all the time and you could never get past it. They scraped the whole project and never heard a word from again after they promised one. So it wouldn't surprise me at this point they already have everyone's cash and the same glaring issues still exist just like last years,so nothing would surprise me at this point from this company.
Bad example...apples & oranges my friend. NCAA Basketball was the last college basketball game released & they knew that when they let it hit the shelves. Their method of thinking is why waste the time, money, & man power on a game series that's ending. College football is not leaving the EA stable, so I'd be extremely surprised if they don't release at least one patch to fix some issues. They know their sales would take a huge hit next year if they didn't. I'm not saying it's the right way to do business, I'm saying they'll make the smart economical move here.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

We typically get patches at the end of July and the middle of August - I would expect that to be the same this year.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #21
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
We typically get patches at the end of July and the middle of August - I would expect that to be the same this year.
Normally wouldn't we at least have the list already though? I think EA is in hiding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Normally wouldn't we at least have the list already though? I think EA is in hiding.
Well, if they're taking their time and trying to make sure that fixing one thing doesn't break something else then I'm all for waiting.

I'm waiting to buy the game until we see what's rectified with their first major patch. I hoping they at least get the well-known bugs out.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Usually we get a list when the patch is released. EA isn't hiding.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #24
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Usually we get a list when the patch is released. EA isn't hiding.
If they are indeed intent on continuing the series despite the lawsuit stuff then they'll patch the game.....the next gen consoles are fast approaching but they will be making the game for this generation as well for at least 2 more years. It would be pure folly for them to leave this game in the lurch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »