Home

CPU running No Huddle offense too fast

This is a discussion on CPU running No Huddle offense too fast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU running No Huddle offense too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1842msu
Lots of teams are running the no huddle offense in this game (NCAA 14). Which is fine, as long as they run no huddle in real life. But I have come to realize that the CPU AI, while running the no huddle is doing it just way too fast. In real life, WR's don't sprint back to the line for an entire drive, while psychically knowing the next play. Same for O-linemen. They would have heart attacks.

Plus, the way EA has it, I rarely have time to select a defensive play. I suggest that when EA eventually releases a patch for other issues, they slow down the no huddle just a tad. 2 more seconds between no huddle plays would be sufficient, IMO.

If you watch it as is, it's like the QB has psychic connections with the WR's and as soon as the last one gets back to the line, the next play is run. In real life, the QB needs to signal the play out to the WRs. They don't just psychically know which one comes next.
I completely disagree. The quarters are 5 minutes, not 15, so it has to be quicker to call out plays. Also, calling plays defensively is also way faster on the game than in real life. The drfense also sprints right back into position.

The game wont be 100% like real life unless you want to spend 3 hours playing every game, but as it currentyl stands, it creates the proper effect. Defenses in real life barely have time to change plays, much less set up an exotic blitz.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockOchoGOAT
I completely disagree. The quarters are 5 minutes, not 15, so it has to be quicker to call out plays. Also, calling plays defensively is also way faster on the game than in real life. The drfense also sprints right back into position.

The game wont be 100% like real life unless you want to spend 3 hours playing every game, but as it currentyl stands, it creates the proper effect. Defenses in real life barely have time to change plays, much less set up an exotic blitz.
QB needs time to sign call the Play. I dont want to be as slow as real life. i just want a more realistic tempo.

Huddle offense in the game get around 60.70 plays in my games with 8 min quarter. I donīt expect the no huddle offense to get less. But Qb or Players should look at the sidelines all the plays or couple of plays to learn what they are going to run. They are not psychic.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #19
Rookie

Guyamir11's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn85
Here is a temporary solution...go into coach profiles and edit every coach that runs no huddle and set the tempo to aggressive...that way when the cpu gets to the line they will all look to the sidelines after every no huddle play and give you that extra second our two...

I`m in the middle of a dynasty, Can I edit rival teams tempo?
Old 07-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1842msu
Lots of teams are running the no huddle offense in this game (NCAA 14). Which is fine, as long as they run no huddle in real life. But I have come to realize that the CPU AI, while running the no huddle is doing it just way too fast. In real life, WR's don't sprint back to the line for an entire drive, while psychically knowing the next play. Same for O-linemen. They would have heart attacks.

Plus, the way EA has it, I rarely have time to select a defensive play. I suggest that when EA eventually releases a patch for other issues, they slow down the no huddle just a tad. 2 more seconds between no huddle plays would be sufficient, IMO.

If you watch it as is, it's like the QB has psychic connections with the WR's and as soon as the last one gets back to the line, the next play is run. In real life, the QB needs to signal the play out to the WRs. They don't just psychically know which one comes next.
Agreed. One of my biggest pet peeves in the game, makes playing no huddle teams very frustrating. There's a difference between no huddle up-tempo offenses and the 2 minute hurry up offense, EA doesn't seem to have grasped this difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »