Home

RTG as a RB at Georgia Tech is unplayable

This is a discussion on RTG as a RB at Georgia Tech is unplayable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #25
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: RTG as a RB at Georgia Tech is unplayable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
The game is flawed in how often it should give you the ball. The user should have priority over everyone else.

RTG should give the ball to the user more often when in Tech's offense or one similar.
To this, I'd argue that this is patently false and what a lot of players are arguing about with respect to the game not being realistic enough. Now, EA actually manages to get something right (inadvertent or not) with regards to how a team's offense actually runs, and everyone wants them to "just make this fun for everyone to play." Either you want teams to play the way they do on Saturdays, or you want it to be a fun-fest. Should the game alter all offensive plans to make sure the player gets all the looks in an offense? Should they add algorithms that, if you are a defensive player, the plays go towards you to make sure you get plenty of opportunities for tackles/INTs/sacks?

Bottom line is, if you want to play a certain position at a certain school, make sure it's one where you'll be utilized.

Or, I could've just quoted this guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
That's not how it should ever work, and that's exactly what's wrong with EA and conforming to the "casual" fans.

They shouldn't make a game for the sake of "making it fun" for someone who wants to carry the ball every plays, or put up 100 points.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #26
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
That's not how it should ever work, and that's exactly what's wrong with EA and conforming to the "casual" fans.

They shouldn't make a game for the sake of "making it fun" for someone who wants to carry the ball every plays, or put up 100 points.
I respectfully disagree. RTG is a one person game mode where you control one guy. The entire purpose of this mode is to put up numbers and become the best player in football in the history of ever. It's not called the 'Rudy Ruettiger mode' where you have to scrap and claw your way to 3 snaps in your senior year. They don't market the mode as "Watch the CPU run a realistic offense and use your player in a reasonable manner!". Both are why RTG should give the user more options to put up stats than anyone else on the field because that's the entire purpose of the mode; to put up massive stats and be awesome. RTG is the least realistic mode in the history of the NCAA franchise outside of mascot mode because 100% of the players created in RTG end up being superstars.

That's my 2-cents anyway.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 1

I guess I should complain about playing qb at oregon then. I am a lh qb and many of the pa rollouts are designed for a rh qb. My qb will end up backwards to the los and often slowed down by the animation of him turning to face his wr's.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Really this thread should be locked by now, not wanting people to start arguing over other unrelated stuff. Honestly this thread was just to warn people and save them time. Obviously, like myself, not everybody is 100% educated on every single facet of every offense in football so I didn't want other people to make the same mistake as me going into a triple option offense as a RB since it's a giant waste of time in my opinion.

The worst part about it is that when you finally get the ball it's probably a designed play for you since no matter how much you mash the A/X button on a regular option or triple option the QB only pitches when he wants to (Maybe 1/5 times that he should pitch it at best)

The designed plays for you are terrible (such as WB Toss where if you accidentally move the stick before you catch the ball you miss it and it's a fumble, if you do catch it you stutter before going in the direction you want to go for no reason, or flat out just get hit as you're catching it) so you get taken down for a loss and lose coach trust when it clearly wasn't your fault. IT's just an all around bad experience.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #29
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I respectfully disagree. RTG is a one person game mode where you control one guy. The entire purpose of this mode is to put up numbers and become the best player in football in the history of ever. It's not called the 'Rudy Ruettiger mode' where you have to scrap and claw your way to 3 snaps in your senior year. They don't market the mode as "Watch the CPU run a realistic offense and use your player in a reasonable manner!". Both are why RTG should give the user more options to put up stats than anyone else on the field because that's the entire purpose of the mode; to put up massive stats and be awesome. RTG is the least realistic mode in the history of the NCAA franchise outside of mascot mode because 100% of the players created in RTG end up being superstars.

That's my 2-cents anyway.
You're right, the purpose is to be the best player in football history.. but no one was ever handed the title just because of who they were.

You have to work for it, and that's exactly what you have to do.

If you come out of school as a quarterback and you decide to go to Oregon, you better expect that you're going to be sitting on your *** for at least two years and that you're going to have to battle it out to start as a junior if Mariota goes pro.

People want realism, and than complain when things aren't just handed to them in the game.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #30
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Stupid response.

First string RB is first string RB. The game doesn't go that in-depth...
Good sir, GT uses the Flexbone, therefore you need to be a FB/ B-back to get the most carries. You must study, grasshopper, before you may become.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #31
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
Good sir, GT uses the Flexbone, therefore you need to be a FB/ B-back to get the most carries. You must study, grasshopper, before you may become.
In real life? Yes, the BB gets more carries. In NCAA? No.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

I run GT, but in Dynasty. I really would have to say that this just isn't the offense that is designed to get a star back.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...2431/index.htm

Johnson ripped out a sheet of paper from a notebook. He diagrammed five linemen and a quarterback under center. Behind the quarterback he drew a running back, what Johnson called "a B back." Two "A backs" were aligned behind the outside shoulders of the right and left tackle. Two receivers were split wide. Johnson explained the basics of what he called his spread-option offense: The quarterback could hand off to the B back, run it himself or pitch to one of the A backs. Johnson said that in this offense the quarterback would rush for 800 to 1,000 yards over the course of a season, that the B back would rack up between 1,250 and 1,500 yards and that one of the A backs would amass somewhere near 800 yards.

That's how I have been trying to run the offense, whether the game agrees or not

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »