Home

Pass Coverage

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pass Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant
Are you playing on the PS3??

sent from my VZW Galaxy S3 running SynergyROM
Yes. CPU did it more than 80 pct of the time one game and I couldn't stop it, much less pick plays. It got to the line and snapped every time before the plays could even pop up sometimes.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
Yes. CPU did it more than 80 pct of the time one game and I couldn't stop it, much less pick plays. It got to the line and snapped every time before the plays could even pop up sometimes.
If you use two controllers or simply slide yours over to the CPU teams at kickoff, you can set their L1 "Adjustments" to "Conservative" in the time management / clock section...

It'll slow the no huddle down enough to have time to pick a play...

You can also set them to "Hold Blocks Aggressively" in the hope of triggering more hold calls (worked for me at a holding setting of 60) and "Strip Ball" if you're not seeing enough fumbles...

Opens up a whole 'nother can o' worms beyond sliders / etc...

When you switch the controller over it'll say "after the next play" but simply hit R1 to pull up the sim play interface and then hit O to back out...

It's a bunch of steps you'll figure out, but takes 2 minutes once you have the hang...
Old 07-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
If you use two controllers or simply slide yours over to the CPU teams at kickoff, you can set their L1 "Adjustments" to "Conservative" in the time management / clock section...

It'll slow the no huddle down enough to have time to pick a play...

You can also set them to "Hold Blocks Aggressively" in the hope of triggering more hold calls (worked for me at a holding setting of 60) and "Strip Ball" if you're not seeing enough fumbles...

Opens up a whole 'nother can o' worms beyond sliders / etc...

When you switch the controller over it'll say "after the next play" but simply hit R1 to pull up the sim play interface and then hit O to back out...

It's a bunch of steps you'll figure out, but takes 2 minutes once you have the hang...
You can do that in online dynasties?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Nah it happens even in straight cover 2. The MLB drops 10-12 yards giving easy completions over middle especially to rbs coming out of the backfield. It's the most annoying problem with pass coverage for me bc I can't take away slants or in routes bc there is just no one there to cover unless I control the MLB (I'd much rather control one of my safeties)
Wow that is a problem...when I go Cover 2 I normally control the MLB so I can cheat based on the routes (stay short if there's crossing routes & stretch if there's more deep routes) so I don't notice
Old 07-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #13
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
You can do that in online dynasties?
Ooh, my bad...

I do that offline versus CPU, not sure if it's also possible online...

I don't play online, so give it a shot...it's worth it...

Those adjustments really bring out what the sliders can't...
Old 07-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
That's your problem..the PS3 version is just flat out broken this year...there is serious lag during no huddle..the lag is non existent on the 360 version

I originally bought the PS3 version...ended up grabbing the 360 version and its infinitely better in every way...

sent from my VZW Galaxy S3 running SynergyROM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »