Home

How do you recruit....

This is a discussion on How do you recruit.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How do you recruit....

Just wanted to get some advice on how other people recruit. This portion of the game has become pretty interesting to me and I wanted to see what others were doing to be sucessful with this years changed format.

If im looking to recruit a 5* that doesnt open with interest in me, do I have to just set him at at 500 points and hope I get enough interest to garner a visit?

Are people allocating time to 35 kids or are you focusing on 25 and increasing the time you spend towards them?

Can you choose which week you want a commit to visit? For some reason all my kids defaulted to week 13?

Have you ever swayed a kid at the last moment when down over 1,000 points?

Have you had success getting kids to commit early? If so, did you set them to 500, have them visit early and offer a scholarship on the visit week?

Really im looking for any pointers someone may have. I started 1 dynasty and didnt get a single commit until week 13 on their visit day. I ended up only signing like 18 kids and the vast majortity of them were 3*.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: How do you recruit....

Well what school are you playing as? 18 kids with a lot of them being 3* prospects sounds really good if you're a smaller school
Old 08-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Never go after a 5 star who is not interested in you.

I don't have a set number of guys; my board is determined by how many quality recruits have me near the top.

Make sure your AI recruiting assistance is off; that is probably why you are seeing week 13. Always try to schedule a visit the week you play against a conference rival who is in the top 25. And use complimentary visits, I routinely get an extra 200 points because I try to have mst recruits visit the same week. Schedule early, but make the visit late. If you wait too late to schedule a visit you may have to schedule it during a bye week, assuming you are able to at all. If you have a big lead over other schools it may be better to do the visit early in the hopes of getting an early commit nd freeing up those points.

Offer scholarships in week 1.

I use Maryland and had a top 5 recruiting class in my first two years
Old 08-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-14-a.html
Old 08-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Thank you
Closed

From my phone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »