Home

Top 25 Rankings get Messed Up over Time

This is a discussion on Top 25 Rankings get Messed Up over Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Top 25 Rankings get Messed Up over Time

I personally love seeing this. If this happened in year 1, I could see the problem. But these schools have had three years to build, and others have had three years to fold.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

put the top four teams in a playoff after year 1. doesn't have to be perfect. just use the top four teams in the bcs standings, and randomly assign them to current BCS bowls, with just one more game added at the end for a championship.

now that EA might not be making an ncaa game anymore, they have little excuse not to patch this.

also OP, I agree with you. I don't think people really read your post. 1 loss USC did not win the championship after beating 2 loss nebraska IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarre85
put the top four teams in a playoff after year 1. doesn't have to be perfect. just use the top four teams in the bcs standings, and randomly assign them to current BCS bowls, with just one more game added at the end for a championship.

now that EA might not be making an ncaa game anymore, they have little excuse not to patch this.

also OP, I agree with you. I don't think people really read your post. 1 loss USC did not win the championship after beating 2 loss nebraska IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
EA will be making College Football games for the next few years at least...so I don't know where you are getting your info from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

for the OP, are you sure USC didn't actually win the championship? I remember last year this would happen at times where One team would beat the other in the BCS NCG and not be ranked ahead of the team they beat, but when
you check the teams stats (like the last time they won a championship) it correctly had them listed as champions. Also, i haven't taken the time to look into it, but in real life, I believe there isn't an actual End of season bcs poll (there are other polls that do end of season rankings like the media and coaches polls), so the final BCS poll would show the rankings going into the BCSNCG and not after the game. That may be the case here.

Last edited by USCRob; 08-01-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
EA will be making College Football games for the next few years at least...so I don't know where you are getting your info from.
I do. He's getting his info from stupid *** video game blogs..
Old 08-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRob
for the OP, are you sure USC didn't actually win the championship? I remember last year this would happen at times where One team would beat the other in the BCS NCG and not be ranked ahead of the team they beat, but when
you check the teams stats (like the last time they won a championship) it correctly had them listed as champions. Also, i haven't taken the time to look into it, but in real life, I believe there isn't an actual End of season bcs poll (there are other polls that do end of season rankings like the media and coaches polls), so the final BCS poll would show the rankings going into the BCSNCG and not after the game. That may be the case here.
Yes, USC won the national championship as it was shown in the team info screen (last title: 2016). This error never happend to me in NCAA 2013 so I guess I was lucky until now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »