Home

Coaches changing teams

This is a discussion on Coaches changing teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5
Coaches changing teams

I was just wondering say if USC OC who's playbook is a pro style offense get's hired as University of Houston's HC will the USC pro style offense be the Cougars new offense or will UH still run their spread?

Also say in the same offseason the USC OC takes the UH HC job and also hires a new OC say someone with a triple option playbook, which style of offense will the Cougars play? USC's pro style, UH spread or the new OC's triple option?

I hope this question makes sense becuz I fear that in my Texas Longhorns dynasty that Mack Brown will retire as HC at some point but I would like to keep my style of offense I have now with the same playbook I just want to make sure I hire the right people to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Coaches changing teams

For CPU teams they run whatever the HC has. So if the USC OC goes to Houston, Houston will now run the USC offense and Defense, or whatever offense and defense that coach has as his own.

The later you get into dynasty you see some interesting moves from guys that used to be head coaches and coordinators at other schools resurfacing with their original playbook in a new head coaching gig.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Mac
I was just wondering say if USC OC who's playbook is a pro style offense get's hired as University of Houston's HC will the USC pro style offense be the Cougars new offense or will UH still run their spread?

Also say in the same offseason the USC OC takes the UH HC job and also hires a new OC say someone with a triple option playbook, which style of offense will the Cougars play? USC's pro style, UH spread or the new OC's triple option?

I hope this question makes sense becuz I fear that in my Texas Longhorns dynasty that Mack Brown will retire as HC at some point but I would like to keep my style of offense I have now with the same playbook I just want to make sure I hire the right people to do so.
Yes, the OC getting hired as a HC will take their playbook.

The reality is though, as long as it's "your," team you can pick whatever playbook you want.

I've been the head coach in a couple different dynasty's and as soon as my OC gets good they leave, a new guy comes in (usually without me even noticing) and whatever playbook I had (or pick) is what my team ran everytime.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

But what about if my team Texas has Mack Brown retire and Major Applewhite leaves to take a HC job elsewhere. That means I would have a new HC and OC so what I'm trying to understand is that the team always takes the HC's playbook no matter what?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
But what about if my team Texas has Mack Brown retire and Major Applewhite leaves to take a HC job elsewhere. That means I would have a new HC and OC so what I'm trying to understand is that the team always takes the HC's playbook no matter what?
The team doesn't _always_ take the HC's playbook, at least that was the case in '13. (CPU team NC State hired both a triple-option HC, but ran the OC's pro playbook. Also happened with WSU, ran OC's option playbook over HC's Air Raid.)

But in the vast majority of the time, yes the CPU team will take on the HC's playbook.
However, that rule goes out the window if you are controlling a team you can use either or neither.
If both HC and OC leave, are you their DC then?

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
The team doesn't _always_ take the HC's playbook, at least that was the case in '13. (CPU team NC State hired both a triple-option HC, but ran the OC's pro playbook. Also happened with WSU, ran OC's option playbook over HC's Air Raid.)

But in the vast majority of the time, yes the CPU team will take on the HC's playbook.
However, that rule goes out the window if you are controlling a team you can use either or neither.
If both HC and OC leave, are you their DC then?
No I'm the HC but seeing Mack Brown's age I just have a feeling he won't be around for the long haul so I'm trying to prepare ahead of time to keep my offensive scheme intact.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
No I'm the HC but seeing Mack Brown's age I just have a feeling he won't be around for the long haul so I'm trying to prepare ahead of time to keep my offensive scheme intact.
So you're Mack Brown? I'm not sure the CPU will make you retire...anybody know for sure?

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »