Home

Fun Idea For Recruits In Dynasty

This is a discussion on Fun Idea For Recruits In Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
Rookie

brys10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fun Idea For Recruits In Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mck23tyler
that actually sounds like an awesome idea. I might just have to do this when I finish my season. Do you make the prospects or just rename them?
I just rename them in the off season. This guarantees that you get what you want. Some examples are I had a higher ranked qb named Joe Burke he became Matt Stafford. Also had a big, tall, fast receiver he became a.j green
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
Rookie

brys10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove74
I do that quite often, I never change rating. Just name and look, then play it out to see if I can recreate the good players. Or do the stars fall and never become as good as the real player. In my current Dyn I have T.O at WR. recruited as a 75 over all, can't wait to see where is goes.
Bingo! Exactly what I do. It's fun to see how they pan out. I guess it's my way of ultimate team
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #11
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Interesting idea.. it got me thinking of ways I could spice up my recruits.

I stumbled upon this.. a website that will create a random first and last name for you. You can select which category you want.. English, Chinese, French, African, you name it. I have tried it several times and gotten pretty good names. I think next season I am going to rename all of my recruits using the generator. Should make for some more variety on dynasty mode and I am excited to try it. I could also do it for some of the CPU teams but that would take a long time so I'm not sure what I will do with them.

Here are a bunch of random names I just got from that website:

Todd Earnest
Preston Murray
Chadwick Wilton
Benjy Norwood
Dale Topher
Willie Chad
Wisdom Colbert
Talon Payton
Dederick Ward
Cayden Deacon
Asher Tucker
Emory Walter
Gale Temple
Darby Theodore
Fulke Chase
Shelley Ken
Bryant Kingsley
Cyril Lemoine
Frank Lonny

As you can see, some are pretty strange and some sound pretty realistic. I am thinking I will give myself 2 'passes' to use for each player for when I am picking the name, so I don't get stuck naming my program changer 'Wisdom Colbert' or something.

Edit: Woops forgot the link, here you go guys: http://www.behindthename.com/random/
I don't care what you name your players as long as you make Frank Powell Jr. in about 20-25 seasons from now in your dynasty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
Rookie

yeah i do this for players that the team has recruited in real life.. for example my year 2 michigan team has a jabrill peppers, michael ferns, chase winovich, ian bunting, and 5 or so other named guys.. i only change the names if i have an incoming recruit that closely mirrors who the school has recruited in real life.. and it only works for 2 years, but i still find it very fun.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
Rookie

jejones's Arena

What I do sometimes is make older nfl layes sons (even if they don't have any ). Like for instance, Dan Marino or Dick Butkus' great Nephew or something.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
Rookie

brys10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth182
yeah i do this for players that the team has recruited in real life.. for example my year 2 michigan team has a jabrill peppers, michael ferns, chase winovich, ian bunting, and 5 or so other named guys.. i only change the names if i have an incoming recruit that closely mirrors who the school has recruited in real life.. and it only works for 2 years, but i still find it very fun.
That is what I was going to do. I have a few I didn't name. I think I'll go back and name them after actual recruits. The ones I did name Georgia doesn't have actual recruits at that postion
Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 25

I created Bo Jackson Jr. and next year I plan on creating Torry Holt, Deion Sanders, and Randy Moss Jr.
Year 3 - 11-5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #16
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

I usually create 3-5 recruits every year that are ex nfl players. Give them realistic attributes for where they were coming out of hs and place them in their original hometown. Last year I created Steve Young, Mike Alstott, Jim Brown, Sean Taylor, and Joe Namath. Always fun to see where they end up and how they pan out. Have an outside shot at landing Alstott which would be awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »