Home

CPU Passing is Absolutely OP

This is a discussion on CPU Passing is Absolutely OP within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: CPU Passing is Absolutely OP

Playing on Heisman, its best to lower CPU and USER QB accuracy and catching significantly.

It helps balance things out a bit and you see more overthrown passes and dropped balls.

Also, try switching to the 4-2-5 to combat air raid. That defense is almost a necessity with this game.4-3 defensive playbooks don't give you enough formations to combat multiple receivers.

In the Two A Days OD, I have been able to shut some passing games down, even while running zone. People just seem to get upset that zone coverages aren't always perfect, as if real life athletes don't miss assignments or get out of position.

We are all entitled to our own opinion I suppose.

Edit: I also don't think its cheap to lower a slider to get a more realistic outcome with your game. Its either that or every CPU QB you face will throw 22/25 for 300+ and 3 touchdowns every game.

Last edited by AUChase; 08-08-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Passing is Absolutely OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
what irritates me is that its like the cpu cheeses you. all it runs is out routes and corner routes. and no matter how good your corners are, they react to the breaks In the routes HORRIBLY! Soon as the cpu wr breaks your corner is still backpedaling or stumbles on the reaction. its crazy.
This is the biggest problem I have. It doesn't seem to matter how highly rated my corners are, or how poorly rated the receiver is. I'll have corners with coverage ratings in the high 80's covering slot receivers and TE's and they consistently get beat on these routes. Doesn't seem to matter how much of a ratings advantage my DB has, the intended target will always be open on those routes when playing man. The only times I can make a play on the ball is when the QB waits too long to throw the ball and my defender has had a few seconds to catch back up. Wouldn't be upset if that was the case against only highly rated targets. But that is definitely not the case. Zone coverage can help to a point, but I've also noticed that playing zone leads to some easy bombs by the CPU since the corner playing the deep zone will sometimes just run ahead of the WR without making any play on the ball until it's caught. And of course playing more zone means having to watch your defenders just stand around if the QB decides to take off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »