Home

Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports

This is a discussion on Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
87spd 87acc is still pretty fast. And if it's not based on players how is that jersey numbers, home states, tendencies match up? It's that player. You are upset because you may lose college gaming but not to see what EA and the NCAA has been doing for YEARS is wrong then you just don't want to see it.
Interesting. So why does the NFL have a scouting combine? I mean, they can just get a copy of NCAA and draft according to OVRs.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

opinion on whether an athlete should get paid is one thing,

but to say these a lot of these players in the game are not based on real life counterparts is delusional. Speed rating is objective that EA Applies.

Height, weight, skin color, hometown, number,position, play style are not objective.

Last edited by Mouse; 08-17-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I also find that people who have college debt have this view. That they are getting enough no matter how much these universities make off these players. Then they can't make money off their own likeness. That's insane to me.
They should make money off of their education. That's why you go to school.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Are there any millionaires complaining or just broke players? If they pay current players they should retroactively pay every student athlete that has ever played collegiate sports. A little figure that looks like someone can be edited to be anyone even myself.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMB0B
They should make money off of their education. That's why you go to school.
Really? Most athlete's have aspirations of playing a sport for a living. The education is for those athlete's that aspire to have regular jobs. But either way they should get paid for having their likeness in the game. You sound bitter and non realistic. Let's make every player one color with 50's across the board if thet don't model after players.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok, pay them and void all scholarships. If education is not important make them pay for it and I bet they would rather go to for free than worry about likeness figure. To many people in debt and getting more debt after school to worried paying a student athlete that could be a millionaire in three years with no student debt. It does not add up. Another thing a student athlete get a part time job for pocket change. I have no symphony for some getting everything for free plus pell grants access and could possibly be making more than a head coach in 3-4 years.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #23
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMB0B
If the player's stats are modeled after strength and weaknesses, then why is Miller offended over lack of speed? Ah, because they aren't accurate. Meaning they aren't a true reflection of each player. You can't measure an athlete's true strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, these athletes don't deserve squat.

As far as athletes not getting full scholarships...

And if the athletes are still bitching...

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...ic+scholarship

I'm so sick and tired of hearing people gripe about student-athletes not getting compensated enough, while I'm saddled with six-figure college debt that I'll be paying back for the next 30 years. A debt-free minimum wage worker has more spending money than I do each month! These athletes should be happy about being college educated and debt-free.
very valid and great points yes indeed but what about the "elite" players in college shouldnt they be granted other financial requests based on performance. not sayin anything drastic but there has to be some type of respect and responsibilities placed on the universities to not treat there "stars" of CFB like ordinary everyday walking students ....

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 08-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44drob
very valid and great points yes indeed but what about the "elite" players in college shouldnt they be granted other financial requests based on performance. not sayin anything drastic but there has to be some type of respect and responsibilities placed on the universities to not treat there "stars" of CFB like ordinary everyday walking students ....
Haha, completely impossible...... Whatever Texas A&M gives Johnny Manziel they have to give Sally the scholarship volley ball player.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »