Home

Player Switching worse than last year?

This is a discussion on Player Switching worse than last year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Player Switching worse than last year?

What decides which defender you switch to? Is it the closest player to the ball, best angle, etc? In my opinion, it's way more frustrating than robo LB's ever were because I'm constantly being put out of position to make a play, a problem I seldom had last year. Some plays, I'll switch to the correct defender and make a tackle, no big deal there, that's what's supposed to happen. But I'm finding more often than not, that I'm either switched to a guy behind the play (when there are other defenders closer or that have a better angle on the ball carrier) which makes me "veer off" a pursuit angle because I'm holding on the left stick expecting to be switched to a player with a more "logical" chance at tackling the guy. Sometimes, I'll hit B and have absolutely no clue who I switched to, IF I switched at all. Pair this with the wonky reactions your AI defenders have where they'll cut or stop for no reason and you're basically opening up the field for the ball carrier. The play that really did me in today was on a smoke screen. I had a CB covering the flats and was user controlling an outside linebacker, so I had two guys within 4 yards of the receiver; one directly in front of him, one coming in over the top. I press B hoping I'll be switched to the CB but instead I get the Safety who's in a deep zone, 20 yards away from the receiver. Any body else having similar problems? I'm trying so hard to enjoy this game but defense eventually kills any and all excitement I have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Player Switching worse than last year?

Everything having to do with defense is painfully worse this year. That's not hyperbole or an exagerration either I'm being literal. Tackling is worse, hit sticking is like taking yourself out of a play for the incredibly small chance you'll get a fumble. User picking is a lie. The switching (to answer your question) does seem worse althogh that's like the 7th worst thing about defense sadly. LB's can't cover in zone or man and CB's aren't much better. I could go on....
Old 08-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I have had this problem the last few years. With me, I seem to switch to a deeper player than I expect....and then I dive completely taking myself out of the play. Yet another thing that seemed to work better 10 years ago.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Switching is bad, but it's not the worst thing about defense. Half the time I hold down the INT button and my defender doesn't even do anything. I don't know how they did it, but EA really screwed up defense the last few years. It's a chore now and that's unfortunate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »